Head of Flight Operations
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1813330/001
Date posted 08 June 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/general-management-consulting 2022-06-08 2022-08-07 aerospace Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 240000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rapidly growing airline business is recruiting for a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This position reports to the CEO.
About the Head of Flight Operations Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading the Flight Operations, Operations Control Centre and Pilot Training departments, providing support, leadership, and technical expertise to enhance the performance.
- Providing Air Operating sites with daily guidance, leadership and support relating to operations, communication, revenue enhancement, human resources, process/procedure standardisation and process execution
- Ensuring smooth flight operations to meet the aim of a timely cargo delivery (involves the ability of decision-making under constraint of time, flight safety and security requirements, operational needs, etc.)
- Communicating with relevant parties such as airport authorities, handling providers, company management, contractors, etc. as necessary to ensure high standards of air support service
- Constantly reviewing air operations activity and address the findings to eliminate imperfections in documentation and streamline the operational procedures
- Designing the development and strategy plans for the Flight Operations and Operations Control Centre management departments in line with company’s vision and objectives
- Ensuring that contingency plans are in place to cope with unexpected operational irregularities that may result in cargo delayed or undelivered
- Analysing effectiveness of the current process work flow within inter departmental, policies and procedures, and the associated manpower and other relevant cost structures and whenever required, to identify potential improvements and to initiate necessary improvements
- Performing capital and expense budgeting and budget control as well as the implementation of required capital projects necessary for modernisation
- Resolving conflicts and operational problems, completing audits, identifying trends, and always ensuring compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements, such as those from CAAM, MAB, local municipal councils, local ministerial requirements, etc.
- Providing support and leadership to ensure efficient and effective utilisation of company’s assets through internal initiatives, addressing all problems related to equipment, human skill, and system deficiencies
To succeed in this Head of Flight Operations role, you must have at least 15 years of flight operations management experience within the airlines industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Aerospace Engineering or relevant field of study
- Minimum of 15 years of flight operations experience within the aviation industry
- Prior experience managing the procurement of air pricing within an airline is highly preferable
- Strong knowledge of Air-Freight Station and gateway operations
- Good knowledge of data analytics and the aviation industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work and interact effectively in a team-based environment
- Versatile, organised, result oriented and enjoy the challenge of working in a competitive and fast paced environment
- Technically competent with proven managerial skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to engage in strategic thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with fine attention to details and quality
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to an organisation
The organisation is an entrepreneurial and high growth business with a strong reputation and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a forward-thinking and dynamic individual with prior solid experience in cargo air operations management within the aviation industry, this Head of Flight Operations role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 June 2022A leading edible oils manufacturer is seeking a Head of Plant Operations to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing-related activities. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 June 2022A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the fleet maintenance and airworthiness initiatives during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. In this job, you will report to the CEO.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022A renowned international food manufacturer is recruiting for an Engineering Manager job to lead all greenfield and brownfield engineering and CAPEX projects in the plants throughout the region. This position will be reporting to the Manufacturing Director.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 May 2022A market leading FMCG manufacturing company is looking for an OHS Director (APAC Region) to provide strategic direction for OHS (Occupational Health) policies, ensure effective implementation of OHS management system & programs at various regional sites and provide thought leadership.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2022A leading civil and structure main contractor in Kuala Lumpur that serves domestic and international project across infrastructure (highway, earth work, bridges, water treatment plants, rail), chemical and industrial plants, etc., is seeking a Project Director (C&S) specialising in civil and structure (C&S). In this job, you will be responsible for leading the entire C&S team working on multi-site projects.