General Manager Manufacturing & Operation
Salary From RM300,000 per annum
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 08 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 manufacturing-and-production Johor Bahru MY 81200 MYR 25000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established food and beverage (F&B) manufacturer in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, is looking for a General Manager Manufacturing & Operation. Reporting directly to the Manufacturing & Operation Director based in Singapore, this job will be a senior leadership role responsible for the entire plant operations including production, maintenance, engineering, supply chain, quality, and HSE in driving process improvement activities.
About the General Manager Manufacturing & Operation Role:
As the General Manager Manufacturing & Operation, you are responsible for providing leadership and high impact initiatives that would bring best in class efficiency, effectiveness, capacity and yield across opex and capex which is aligned with the company’s strategic priorities and goals.
- Provide strategic leadership in the manufacturing organisation by leading, managing, supporting and influencing various functional areas such as sourcing and procurement, demand and supply planning, production, engineering and quality control/assurance, finance, admin and HR
- Lead P&L and balance sheet responsibilities
- Ensure robust health, safety, security and environment (HSSE) procedures and training are in place, and that operations follow all required regulations
- Establish measurement systems (such as OEE) to collect metrics, analyse productivity and set key performance index/targets (KPI) that will meet revenue and COGS goals
- Lead the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement
For you to excel in this role, you must possess the experience and understanding of aseptic processes/filling, UHT, canning, PET, spout pouch, and cheer pack within the F&B industry. It is expected for the General Manager Manufacturing & Operation to coach and build a high performing team.
- Minimum degree in engineering, supply chain, business studies or equivalent
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in the F&B manufacturing industry
- Solid experience in various production techniques, engineering, project management, logistics, supply and demand planning, inventory management, warehousing and transportation functions
- Strong manufacturing and operation management experience in complex production environments; this includes hands-on production experience on the shop floor as well as leadership of major industrial re-engineering projects (plant construction, upgrade, refurbish, closure or transfer of production, etc.)
- Knowledge of production/process technologies (Kaizen, KVP, TPM, TPS, Lean Six Sigma, etc.) is advantageous
This prominent F&B manufacturer has an outreaching reputation with strong market positioning in its segment within the FMCG industry. This encourage them to further develop its people and operation to future proof its organisation to keep up with technology and consumer trends across SEA.
If you are a progressive General Manager Manufacturing & Operation with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in this established F&B organisation that you can relate to, and a growing organisation that desires to be even better.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Lim Chee Ming on +603 2380 8747 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C