Plantation Controller - West Malaysia
Salary From RM156,000 and above
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant CheeMing Lim
Date posted 02 January 2019 2019-01-022019-03-03 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry Kuala Lumpur MY 75000 MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A publicly listed company in the agriculture of palm oil and other crops is looking for a Plantation Controller to be based in selected region (Central – Kuala Lumpur, Southern – Johor and/or East Coast - Kuantan) in Malaysia. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this job position encompasses the responsibility of leading the entire plantation P&L with a headcount of over 1,000.
About the Plantation Controller - West Malaysia Role:
In this Plantation Controller position, you will be overseeing over 10,000 – 15,000 hectares with plantation managers, assistant managers, supervisors and workers.
- Evaluating the work plan and budget for plantation operational activities to maximise operation expenses and profitability via estate budget plans
- Leading and controlling all plantation projects, including the operating budgets of facilitation and consolidation
- Track the implementation of operational activities and the use of budget plantation periodically to ensure activities are conducted in accordance with the work plan and budget use conducted in accordance with the provisions
- Provide input with respect to the organisational structure of the plantation to ensure an effective and efficient organisation as well as the fulfilment of manpower as needed
- Evaluating the plantation activity report to determine the accuracy of the report in accordance with its implementation
- Regular site visit across the estate with plantation managers to assess the condition
- Review overall productivity and output whether in the form of tonnage, harvesting round, quality of replanting and daily operations
- Proactively identify improvements in the management of plantation and lead the implementation of improvements to improve the overall performance of plantation
To succeed in this Plantation Controller - West Malaysia role, a background in general management and people management of overall agriculture estate (palm oil/ rubber/ coconut) will be an added advantage. You will also be heavily involved with P&L, budget, productivity, reporting and organisation leadership.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/Forestry or equivalent
- At least 20 years' working experience with five years in senior management role in managing people and plantation, preferably in palm oil/ rubber/ coconut estates
- Proven strong agronomic technical insight and sound judgement in resolving plantations issues
- The ability for overall management, P&L, project management, legal compliance, handling conflict, and quality improvement
The company has long history in the agriculture and had amassed over 100,000 hectares of plantation estate across Malaysia and abroad with more land banks being acquired in recent years and it had been developed for future greenfield development. With this developing company, the expansion of the operation led to develop more career opportunity for its employee in the future.
If you are a driven and forward-thinking leader looking for opportunity to grow your career, this Plantation Controller - West Malaysia role is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-growing company.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTKSM 423C