Head of Biodiversity
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 0WYR4M-586DDFC0
Date posted 25 May 2023kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/environmental 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 science-and-research Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 216000 216000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A renowned environmental organisation is seeking a Head of Biodiversity to lead and implement all sustainability standards pertaining to biodiversity and high conservation value subject matters. This position reports to the Sustainability Director.
About the Head of Biodiversity Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for creating the objectives and strategies in order to have the best-in-class approaches that are inclusive, accessible, credible, and implementable to deliver impact towards palm oil organisations globally.
- Ensure the development and revision of key standard documents and relevant technical procedures and guidelines for the production of sustainable palm oil, particularly on matters related to biodiversity and HCV conservation and sustainability
- Provide expert advice and participate in relevant committees that address biodiversity and HCV standard setting and system development, monitor the implementation and improvement of RSPO standards and any other relevant document development, and review procedures
- Act as subject-matter specialist to external and internal stakeholders in a professional, consistent, and evidence-based manner, whilst keeping in line with the sustainability principles
- Provide subject-matter input related to standard setting, system development, monitoring implementation and improvement for the standards and any other relevant document development/review procedures
- Provide guidance to ensure effective management and facilitation of the relevant Standing Committees, Working Groups and/or Task Forces that may be required for standard development, and review procedures on all matters related to biodiversity and HCV conservation
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders pertaining to matters related to biodiversity conservation and/or HCV issues within the palm oil industry
- Ensure timely and adequate communication and socialisation of progress of newly developed and revised standards, procedures, and guidance to the members and beyond on all matters related to biodiversity and HCV
- Promote and support the innovations, adoption of best practices, development, and continuous improvement of relevant tools/systems/approaches
- Coach and motivate the biodiversity unit staff, identify learning opportunities for staff development and advancement, track work progress to build staff competence on the job and encourage motivation, pro-activeness, and job satisfaction of all direct reports
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience in managing biodiversity and High Conservation Value (HCV) initiatives.
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Biodiversity, Agronomy, Sustainability, Sustainable Development, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in the field of sustainability, management, audits, and/or certification schemes
- High level of understanding of certification process and requirements, including but not limited to HCV and High Carbon Stock (HCS) Assessment protocols, Remediation and Compensation Procedure (RaCP), and Land Use Change Analysis (LUCA)
- Familiar with palm oil sustainability standards (e.g., RSPO, MSPO, ISPO, etc.)
- Professional or technical certifications in biodiversity management, environmental management, sustainability, assurance, training
- Prior knowledge in developing The Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework is ideal
- Familiarity with BURSA requirements, GRI standards, FTSE4GOOD and UN Sustainability goals are crucial
- Experience with international government, regulatory requirements, business, and climate change related issues
- High-level of sustainability knowledge and expertise in sustainability management and reporting, environment management systems and environmental performance, occupational health along with safety management systems and performance
- Efficient, strong work ethics – able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables outputs and support the project team members where necessary
- Ability to analyse sustainability data and information, create interesting and engaging findings and present the information in a concise manner
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to the world
This company has a strong reputation as one of the most environmentally conscious organisations in the country, with a strong focus on transforming practices.
If you are highly passionate about the environment and looking for a crucial role that will impact the sustainability practices of the nation, this Head of Biodiversity role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
+603 2303 7043
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 June 2023A leading transportation service provider is seeking a dynamic Head of Rail Reliability to lead all Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) initiatives as part of their overall systems assurance. In this job, you will report directly to the Group COO.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR204,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2023A renowned environmental organisation is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability Technical Assistance job to take the lead in driving the organisation’s mission of transforming the market to make sustainable palm oil the norm. This position reports to the Technical Sustainability Director.
Salary: MYR216,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2023A highly established property developer is looking for a dynamic candidate for a Head of Township job to lead the planning, strategising, implementation, and delivery of the township development projects. This position reports directly to the COO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading transportation service provider is looking for a dynamic candidate for a Head of Bus MRO job to lead all maintenance, repair, and overhaul initiatives for the network of busses. This position reports directly to the COO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading renewable energy firm is looking for a high-calibre Head of Renewable Energy to lead and orchestrate the entire renewable energy supply chain, providing integrated and comprehensive solutions for their business needs. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.