Head of Biodiversity
Salary MYR192,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1869100/001
Date posted 17 January 2023kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/environmental 2023-01-27 2023-03-18 not-for-profit-and-charities Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 192000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A renowned environmental organisation is seeking a Head of Biodiversity to lead and implement all sustainability standards pertaining to biodiversity and high-conservation value subject matters. In this job, you will report to the Sustainability Director.
About the Head of Biodiversity Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for creating the objectives and strategies in order to have the best-in-class approaches that are inclusive, accessible, credible, and implementable to deliver impact towards palm oil organisations globally.
- Ensure the development and revision of key standard documents and relevant technical procedures and guidelines for the production of sustainable palm oil, particularly on matters related to biodiversity and HCV conservation and sustainability
- Provide expert advice and participate in relevant committees that address biodiversity and HCV standard setting and system development, monitor the implementation and improvement of the standards and any other relevant document development, and review procedures
- Act as a subject-matter specialist to external and internal stakeholders in a professional, consistent, and evidence-based manner, whilst keeping in line with the sustainability principles
- Provide subject-matter input related to standard setting, system development, monitoring implementation and improvement for the standards and any other relevant document development/review procedures
- Provide guidance to ensure effective management and facilitation of the relevant standing committees, working groups and/or task forces that may be required for standard development, and review procedures on all matters related to biodiversity and HCV conservation
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders pertaining to matters related to biodiversity conservation and/or HCV issues within the palm oil industry
- Ensure timely and adequate communication and socialisation of progress of newly developed and revised standards, procedures, and guidance to the members and beyond on all matters related to biodiversity and HCV
- Promote and support the innovations, adoption of best practices, development, and continuous improvement of relevant tools/systems/approaches
- Coach and motivate the biodiversity unit staff, identify learning opportunities for staff development and advancement, track work progress to build staff competence on the job and encourage motivation, proactiveness, and job satisfaction of all direct reports
To succeed in this Head of Biodiversity role, you must have prior experience in managing biodiversity and high conservation value (HCV) initiatives.
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Biodiversity, Agronomy, Sustainability, Sustainable Development, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working in the field of sustainability, management, audits, and/or certification schemes
- High level of understanding of certification process and requirements, including but not limited to HCV and High Carbon Stock (HCS) Assessment protocols, Remediation and Compensation Procedure (RaCP), and Land Use Change Analysis (LUCA)
- Familiarity with palm oil sustainability standards (e.g. RSPO, MSPO, ISPO, etc.)
- Professional or technical certifications in biodiversity management, environmental management, sustainability, assurance, training
- Prior knowledge in developing the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework is ideal
- Familiarity with BURSA requirements, GRI standards, FTSE4GOOD and UN Sustainability goals is crucial
- Experience with international government, regulatory requirements, business, and climate change related issues
- High level of sustainability knowledge and expertise in sustainability management and reporting, environment management systems and environmental performance, occupational health along with safety management systems and performance
- Efficient, strong work ethics – ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables outputs and support the project team members where necessary
- Ability to analyse sustainability data and information, create interesting and engaging findings and present the information in a concise manner
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to the world
This company has a strong reputation as one of the most environmentally conscious organisations in the country, with a strong focus on transforming practices.
If you are highly passionate about the environment and looking for a crucial role that will impact the sustainability practices of the nation, this Head of Biodiversity role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 February 2023One of the country’s largest flour millers is currently seeking a National Head of Engineering to lead all maintenance initiatives in order to ensure that all the ten plants across the country are at the optimum level of operational conditions. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 January 2023A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Oil Palm Breeding job to lead and strategise all the research and development initiatives for oil palm planting. This position reports to the Head of Biotechnology.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Bandar Baru EnstekDate posted: 09 January 2023A world-renowned FMCG manufacturer is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the maintenance, plant improvement and reliability initiatives within a world-class manufacturing plant. In this job, you will report to the Operations Director.
Salary: MYR480,000 - MYR600,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 January 2023A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Plant Breeding and Biotechnology job to lead and strategise all the R&D, plant breeding and biotechnology initiatives. This position reports to the Chief R&D Officer.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 January 2023One of the country’s largest flour millers is currently looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead all maintenance initiatives in order to ensure that all the plants are at the optimum level of operational conditions. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.