Head of Plant Breeding & Biotechnology
Salary MYR480,000 - MYR600,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1868480/001
Date posted 02 November 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/environmental 2022-11-02 2023-01-01 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 480000 600000 600000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading plantation group is seeking a Head of Plant Breeding & Biotechnology to lead and strategise all the R&D, plant breeding and biotechnology initiatives. This position reports to the Chief R&D Officer.
About the Head of Plant Breeding & Biotechnology Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the centralised technology centre which consolidates and standardises the R&D efforts for all the plantations across the country.
- Provide direction on new research and development ventures that are aligned to the division’s future plans and objectives
- Lead the formulation and implementation of all cutting-edge research and development plans, programmes, and procedures for development of future products and services
- Develop business models for new technologies and ensure rigorous assessment on project value vs development cost
- Develop innovation strategies in line with the company direction and needs and integrate cross-functional teams to lead projects to successful outcomes
- Facilitate investigations into scientific theories and apply existing and new scientific theories and techniques to the design and development of new products and services
- Ensure governance processes are developed and followed to monitor, evaluate, report progress to meet FY targets and successful innovation outcomes.
- Ensure growth in career development of staff in line with company objectives along with organisational health indices
- Effective stakeholder management at all different working levels with presentation to the senior management and Board of Directors
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience in developing science-based net zero carbon target, strategy, and roadmap for an organisation.
- PhD in genomics, biology, chemistry or plant breeding or related field
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in the plantation sector
- Prior experience in crop breeding involving large-scale programmes and seed-production using latest technologies is ideal
- MBA qualifications is an advantage
- Experience leading fundamental research through to commercialisation along with financial modelling of project value
- Experience working with oil palm and plantation regulatory bodies
- Efficient, strong work ethics – able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables outputs and support the project team members where necessary
- Ability to analyse sustainability data and information, create interesting and engaging findings and present the information in a concise manner
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to an organisation
This public listed company needs no introduction and is very well-known across the region, being the market leader in their industry.
If you are an established biotechnology professional with extensive experience in plant breeding and looking for a crucial role that will shape the oil palm innovation of the nation, this Head of Plant Breeding & Biotechnology role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 November 2022A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Oil Palm Breeding job to lead and strategise all the research and development initiatives for oil palm planting. This position reports to the Head of Biotechnology.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Bandar Baru EnstekDate posted: 07 November 2022A world-renowned FMCG manufacturer is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and strategise all the maintenance, plant improvement and reliability initiatives within a world-class manufacturing plant. In this job, you will report to the Operations Director.
Salary: MYR192,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 November 2022A renowned environmental organisation is recruiting for a Head of Biodiversity job to lead and implement all sustainability standards pertaining to biodiversity and High Conservation Value subject matters. This position reports to the Sustainability Director.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022One of the country’s leading flour millers is seeking a Flour Milling Lead to lead all operations, development and optimisation efforts within the flour mills across the country. In this job, you will report directly to the General Manager.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022One of the country’s largest flour millers is currently looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead all maintenance initiatives in order to ensure that all the plants are at the optimum level of operational conditions. This job reports directly to the General Manager.