Head of Climate Change
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1832650/001
Date posted 29 July 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/environmental 2022-07-29 2022-09-27 not-for-profit-and-charities Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 216000 216000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A renowned environmental organisation is seeking a Head of Climate Change to develop and implement the sustainability policies related to climate change related issues. In this job, you will report to the Sustainability Director.
About the Head of Climate Change Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for creating the objectives and strategies in order to have the best-in-class approaches that are inclusive, accessible, credible, and implementable to deliver impact towards palm oil organisations globally.
- Ensure the development and revision of key standard documents, relevant technical procedures, and guidelines for the production of sustainable palm oil, in particular on matters related to climate change, greenhouse gas and high carbon stock approach subject matters
- Provide expert advice and participate in relevant committees that address climate change issues and provide expert advice to external and internal stakeholders in a professional, consistent and evidence-based manner to maximise appropriate influence on the delivery of sustainable palm oil development and in line with the organisation’s sustainability principles
- Provide subject-matter input related to standard setting, system development, monitoring implementation and improvement for the standards and any other relevant document development/review procedures
- Ensure timely and adequate communication and socialisation of progress of newly developed and revised standards, procedures, and guidance to the members and beyond on all matters related to the climate change agenda
- Promote and support the innovations, adoption of best practices, development, and continuous improvement of relevant tools/systems/approaches
- Provide inputs to standard/policy writing efforts on matters related to climate change issues
- Ensure provision of sufficient allocation of resources to the organisation’s Climate Change, Greenhouse Gas and High Carbon Stock Approach programmes
- Coach and motivate the Climate Change unit staff, identify learning opportunities for staff development and advancement, track work progress to build staff competence on the job and encourage motivation, proactiveness, and job satisfaction of all direct reports
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience in developing science-based net zero carbon target, strategy, and roadmap for organisations.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science/sustainable development or a related field
- Minimum of eight years of experience working in the corporate sustainability department of public listed companies
- Strong knowledge of Greenhouse Gas calculation and High Carbon Stock Approach
- Professional or technical certifications in carbon accounting and management, environmental management, sustainability, assurance, training
- Prior knowledge in developing the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework is ideal
- Strategic and tactical problem-solving and decision-making for carbon accounting, science-based net zero target setting and strategy development around other climate change aspects in the future (e.g. water resilience, physical risks, carbon markets)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GHG emission reductions standards, GHG emission reductions projects and methodologies, different types of carbon removal, carbon capture, utilisation, and storage (CCUS) technologies
- Familiarity with BURSA requirements, GRI standards, FTSE4GOOD and UN Sustainability goals are crucial
- Experience with international government, regulatory requirements, business, and climate change related issues
- High level of sustainability knowledge and expertise in sustainability management and reporting, environment management systems and environmental performance, occupational health along with safety management systems and performance
- Efficient, strong work ethics – able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables outputs and support the project team members where necessary
- Ability to analyse sustainability data and information, create interesting and engaging findings and present the information in a concise manner
- Passionate about bringing about a positive change to the world
This company has a strong reputation as one of the most environmentally conscious organisations in the country, with a strong focus on transforming practices.
If you are highly passionate about the environment and looking for a crucial role that will impact the sustainability practices of the nation, this Head of Climate Change role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR450,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A leading chemicals producer is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability, Asia Pacific job to lead, develop and implement the environmental, social and governance sustainability initiatives for the organisation across the entire Asia Pacific region. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 August 2022A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This job reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR288,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 July 2022A renowned e-retail company is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability job to develop and implement the comprehensive ESG strategies and policies within a long-term sustainability roadmap. This position reports to the Head of Legal, Governance and Compliance.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 July 2022A leading heavy equipment supplier is recruiting for a Head of Petroleum Operations job to develop, plan and manage the business in achieving budgeted revenue and maximising profitability to capture markets in the oil and gas, refinery, petrochemical, and energy sectors. This position reports to the General Manager.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 July 2022A leading conglomerate group is seeking a Head of Climate Change to lead the development and implementation of a net zero emissions strategy and roadmap. In this job, you will report to the Head of Sustainability.