Water Treatment Specialist
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref 1826870/001
Date posted 15 July 2022kuantan mining-engineering-operations/environmental 2022-07-15 2022-09-13 utilities Kuantan MY MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global chemicals manufacturer is currently seeking a Water Treatment Specialist to ensure optimal water quality for utility operations. In this job, you will be a subject-matter expert when it comes to water treatment matters.
About the Water Treatment Specialist Role:
In this Water Treatment Specialist role, you will be responsible for being the subject-matter expert for water treatment. You will audit, appraise, and come up with guidelines to ensure optimal water quality for all water-interfacing equipment.
- Conducts periodical system audits evaluations to review existing water treatment program and performance of individual utility units including cooling tower, cooling water heat exchangers, deaerator, economiser, boiler, superheater, desuperheater and other steam or water phase equipment and recommend appropriate improvement action plans
- Develops and guides operation on troubleshooting guidelines and contingency measures in case of water system deviations and out-of-specification water and steam qualities
- Develops and provides common KPIs or operational targets consisting of maximum and minimum allowable and target control limits for water and steam quality parameters and operating guidelines for best performance of water-interfaced plant equipment
- Initiates, leads, coordinates and facilitates RCFA, troubleshooting and brainstorming sessions to investigate any quality issues with water and other related issues such as SHE incidents, equipment failure and inefficiency and energy waste and resources and provides the appropriate recommendations
- Monitors, analyses and appraises water and steam quality, lab test results, analyser readings and technical reports by water treatment vendor or external consultants and provides technical recommendations to ensure water and steam quality are always within specifications and also a safe, reliable and efficient operations of water-interfaced plant equipment
- Provides management summary reports and reviews to update on the performance and issues related to water treatment
- Provides recommendations and procedures for cleaning, passivating, and preserving mechanical integrity of water-interfaced equipment during start-up, shut-down and out-of-service period
- Provides technical support during inspection of off-line water-interfaced equipment and provides comprehensive written and photographic report and recommendations and follows up with corrosion rates and deposit and metallurgical analyses, when necessary
- Provides technical support to plant operation in monitoring and troubleshooting problems related to water treatment and the associated equipment
- Recommends appropriate water testing analytical equipment and test methods required for routine analysis of water and steam samples and for conducting special studies
To succeed in the Water Treatment Specialist role, you will need to have at least eight years of hands-on water chemistry experience, demineralisation water and cooling tower water treatment experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in chemistry, engineering or a related field of study
- At least eight years of experience in water treatment industry
- Familiar with the latest water treatment technologies and innovation
- High accountability and ownership to drive closure of action items
- Able to lead changes, a self-starter and able to inspire others
- Highly organised, process driven and analytical in problem solving
- Has a positive approach, self-motivated, a team player and possesses a high level of integrity
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing rights to employment in Malaysia
This leading chemical manufacturing company has good international reputation in its field and great value is placed on progression and innovation. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with exceptional rewards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Water Treatment Specialist position.
Apply today or email me to JitHow.Chan@robertwalters.com.my discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR336,000 - MYR480,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KuantanDate posted: 11 August 2022A well-established chemicals manufacturing company is recruiting for a Senior Manager, HSE job to provide strategic direction for the HSE policies, ensure effective implementation of corporate HSE programmes and oversee regulatory compliance.