Contracts Manager (Quantity Surveying)
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 08 August 20192019-09-10 2019-10-07 building-and-construction Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading renewable energy firm is looking for a Contracts Manager (Quantity Surveying) to provide strategic leadership in building contracts, to control project costs and keep project progress on track. In this job, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
About the Contracts Manager (Quantity Surveying) Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for execution of the entire project on schedule, to budget and in line with best practices regarding quality, safety and environmental performance. Your responsibilities would be setting up the construction management office, including personnel, systems, tools and templates to provide high-quality oversight, tracking and reporting of project progress and contractor performance, and respond to project advisers and stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing annual contract departmental business plan, strategic sourcing and annual cost budget
- Obtain competitive bid and award tender on time, minimise value of variation order (VO)/extension of time and ensure the completion of final account
- To ensure site construction contracts being executed according to agreed commercial obligations, financial and qualitative targets
- Control project cost and ensure overall budget of the projects is maintained from inception to completion
- Responsible for development of contracts, drafting, interpretation, negotiation, contract review, administration, and dispute resolution of complex contractor/supplier agreements
- Evaluate contractor's bid and advise on competitiveness of price and to monitor the cost of major cost elements
- Exercise timely completion of final account
- Lead a team of consultants, main contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers to deliver the projects base on time cost and quality
- Construct or enhance existing contracting approaches and procedures
- Oversee quantity surveying and subcontracting teams for the organisation
To succeed in this role, you must have prior contract management experience, ideally within EPCC contractors.
- Tertiary qualification in quantity surveying/law or related field of study
- Eight years of working experience with EPCC contractors
- Strong familiarity with arbitration law is ideal
- Good knowledge of contract laws and FIDIC contracts
- Prior experience handling QS and contracts within solar power plant projects is highly preferred
- Expert knowledge of construction contracts, methods and relevant laws and regulations
- Ability to plan and see the big picture with respect to commercial and strategic objectives
- Detailed with excellent problem-solving skills, proactive, good team player and able to meet tight deadline
- Possess good leadership skill and able to lead consultant team to accomplish given assignments
- Well-versed with prevailing market prices of construction works and building materials
- Good analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Good networking with consultants, contractor and suppliers
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is dynamic and demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have power plant project and construction management methodologies at your fingertips, this Contracts Manager (Quantity Surveying) role is the one for you.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C