Power Plant Operations Manager
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 01 July 20192019-07-10 2019-08-30 engineering Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established multinational renewable energy firm is looking for a Power Plant Operations Manager to manage and oversee the daily operations and maintenance of a large-scale solar power plant. This position reports directly to the Project Director.
About the Power Plant Operations Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring the operations for efficiency and safety while ensuring that the power plant is safe to operate and that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed at all times.
- Ensuring plant operations, maintenance, cost efficiency and productivity of the power plant
- Managing the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to maximise profitability for the company
- Developing best practice standards in the operations and maintenance of the power plant
- Planning and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to achieve better reliability and efficiency
- Implementing plant asset upgrades in order to deliver higher performance standards
- Providing leadership and management through strategic initiatives to achieve international standards
- Establishing, implementing and achieving all departmental policies, goals and objectives accordingly to set the KPI targets
To succeed in this role, you must have prior experience managing the operations and maintenance of power plants.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Eight years of working experience handling the operations and maintenance of power plants
- Prior experience in managing a solar power plant is ideal
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, management and collaborative skills
- Solid planning and organisation skills
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
The international organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a strong operations and maintenance experience within power plants and are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment as your next career move, this Power Plant Operations Manager role is the one for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mind-set.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C