Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 24 September 2018 2018-09-242018-11-17 public-sector-and-housing Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
The authorities-in-charge of renewable energy policies in Malaysia is looking for a high-calibre CEO to lead and orchestrate the energy transition in the country by implementing renewable energy and energy efficiency programmes. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
About the CEO role:
In this critical role, you will advise Ministers and relevant Government Entities on all matters related to sustainable energy including the policy recommendations, laws and measures to be adopted for the advancement of sustainable energy in the nation.
- Promoting and implementing national policy goals for renewable energy
- Implementing, managing, monitoring and reviewing the Feed-in Tariff (FIT) System
- Implementing sustainable energy law and recommending the renewal of the law to the Federal Government
- Promoting private sector investment in the sustainable energy sector including recommending relevant Government Entities incentives in relation to taxes, customs duties and excise and other fiscal incentives applicable to such investments
- Conducting or arranging for research, assessment, research and advisory services, collects, analyses and publish information, statistics and factors affecting or relating to sustainable energy development, and disseminate it to Government Entities, public and potential investors or investors who invest in sustainable energy
- Operating, promoting and supporting research and innovation related to sustainable energy
- Implementing measures to promote public participation and improve public awareness on matters relating to sustainable energy
- Act as the ultimate focus on assisting the Ministers on matters relating to sustainable energy-related and universal matters relating to energy
To be successful in this role, you must have a proven track record in managing programmes related to energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or related field of study
- Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia as a Professional Engineer
- Have at least 15 years of working experience within the energy sector
- Prior experience in renewable energy is ideal
- Experienced and demonstrated capability and professionalism in matters relating to sustainable energy and engineering
- Experienced in strategic planning, managing change and consulting skills as well as being visionary about the future of energy
- High skills in leadership, administration and management aspects as well as analysis and interpretation of data and information
- Has professional communication skills in written and verbal as well as good interpersonal skills with public agencies, industry and stakeholders
The organisation holds the key as the catalyst to the future growth and development of the renewable energy sector in Malaysia. It is embedded within its very existence to expand the sustainable energy agenda in the country.
If have a strong passion towards the environment and value a fast-paced atmosphere that is purely dedicated to developing the renewable energy market and industry, this crucial CEO role may just be the right opportunity for you.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125