Molding NPI, Automation Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Sungai PetaniFULL_TIME
Consultant Audrey Ng
Job Ref 1895250/001
Date posted 20 January 2023penang mining-engineering-operations/engineering-mechanical 2023-01-20 2023-03-21 electronics Sungai Petani Sungai Petani MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Molding NPI, Automation Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Sungai Petani. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this is a role for a Molding Manager who will lead the engineering team to define and implement complete manufacturing processes.
About the Molding NPI, Automation Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Molding NPI, Automation Manager will play a key role in providing ongoing review of the effective utilisation of equipment, production methods, equipment layout, personnel and material flow, as well as support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
- Define, develop and implement a molding and process engineering strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions
- Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Operation Manager on the execution of the strategy
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems; utilise tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value
- Prepare timely forecasts for the department and compare forward forecast results to the historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis
- Anticipate future headcount requirements
- Forecast future requirements and technical trends to drive gear suppliers in their technology roadmap
- Lead equipment evaluations. Assure measurement criteria meet all Jabil site requirements worldwide
- Explore and monitor new processes and procedures to support customer’s expanding requirements on cutting edge technology and product densification
- Assist Project and Design Engineers with design for manufacturability issues
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement
- Drive the concept of an IE being an ‘Integration Engineer’ that ensures everything works smoothly to guarantee efficient and high-quality processes that translate into high customer satisfaction and revenues for the company
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 10 years experience in engineering team management and five years of work experience in the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in any engineering field with a master’s degree is an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing/industrial engineering philosophies and processes
- Proven track record in communication, leadership, business analysis, process development, administration, and change management
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret, and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Advanced PC skills
- Lean and 6 Sigma knowledge is an advantage
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Ability to work in a highly productive, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated success in implementing Lean methodology for continuous improvement
- Good communication skills for interaction with all departments both inside and outside of the company
- Analytic mindset and good at planning, can- do attitude under pressure
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- New product introduction experience
- Basic finance skills is preferred
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Molding NPI, Automation Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 18 January 2023A multinational semiconductor manufacturing and production firm specialising in data conversion, signal processing and power management technology is seeking a Test Operation Manager. In this job, you will join their Test Operation Team to be based in Penang, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: KulimDate posted: 23 December 2022An exciting Process Engineer job based in Kulim, Kedah in a world-leading manufacturing and production company in the electronics solutions industry has just become available. This role is the key person to develop, maintain and troubleshoot process related systems and issues.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 22 December 2022An exciting Tool Shop Manager job has just become available at one of the global medical device manufacturing firms based in Penang.