Salary Market Aligned
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Sue Ann Yong
Job Ref 1881670/001
Date posted 28 December 2022johor-bahru mining-engineering-operations/engineering-mechanical 2022-12-28 2023-02-26 engineering Johor Bahru MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An eco-friendly company is recruiting for a Mechanical Manager job to lead and carry out mechanical maintenance activities for the newly built biofuel plant. This position directly reports to the Project Director.
About the Mechanical Manager Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for managing all maintenance activities to support the plant's daily production, quality and safety objectives.
- Providing engineering support through design and detailed engineering services to operations and maintenance projects or component modification
- Establishing condition monitoring strategies for all mechanical and rotating equipment, reviewing existing programmes and assessing findings
- Examine and review plant equipment data/trends and maintenance work performance, conduct root-cause analysis regularly to identify opportunities for improvement of equipment reliability and maintenance work efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish, continually improve and execute the company’s maintenance management system in a safe, efficient and effective way to achieve highest equipment reliability and availability objective
- Ensure all mechanical maintenance activities are carried out in accordance to the company’s SHE and quality standards, engineering and maintenance management system, statutory requirements and best industry practices
- Oversee, manage, and supervise the company’s in-house and external contractors for all mechanical maintenance/upgrading works
- Support project execution and interface between the project team and operations/maintenance team during commissioning
- Support cost-saving initiatives and execute price comparison for high value purchases of non-OEM services, materials and parts
- Draft and revise maintenance work procedures, risk assessments and work instructions
- Conduct training for members and in-house contract workers on specific technical topics
- Stand by to support during emergency maintenance works
- Coordinate with external vendors on spare parts/services
- Support the Planner in optimising and managing mechanical maintenance inventory level of critical and non-critical equipment spare parts
- Work together with headquarter in-house team in China
To succeed in this Mechanical Manager role, you must possess at least 10 years of experience with greenfield experience in the petrochemical/oil and gas industry.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in executing maintenance and engineering work within chemical/oleochemical/petrochemical /oil and gas industries
- Good technical knowledge in the functionality of both rotating and static mechanical equipment commonly utilised in process plants
- Experience in design review and project delivery during EPC phase for biofuel or similar process industry is an advantage
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with international design codes (API, ASME, NFPA, GB etc), industrial standards and local codes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to multi-tasks and prioritize workload while delivering high accuracy/quality works
- Positive attitude, independent and fast learner
- Good proficiency in English (Both verbal and written communication skills)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively will be an extra advantage
This company has a strong international reputation in its field. They are planning their next phase of growth and are seeking talented individuals to join them in this journey.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great global working opportunities await the right person in this Mechanical Manager role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: From RM280,000 pa and aboveLocation: Johor BahruDate posted: 10 January 2023A leading multinational green chemical manufacturer that turns waste feedstock into biofuel is setting up a plant in Tanjung Langsat, Johor, Malaysia and they are recruiting for a Construction Manager (Petrochemical) job to specialise in Civil and Structure (C&S) on a greenfield project.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Johor BahruDate posted: 30 December 2022One of the food manufacturing companies is seeking a QA Manager to manage all quality management systems for all products, and technical quality support and safety assurance. In this job, you will report directly to the VP Quality APAC.