Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary MYR72,000 - MYR84,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref 1821440/001
Date posted 01 July 2022petaling-jaya mining-engineering-operations/engineering-mechanical 2022-07-14 2022-08-30 utilities Petaling Jaya MY MYR 72000 84000 84000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international energy technology and solutions company is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer. In this job, you will support the pre-sales team in meeting customer requirements.
About the Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for carrying out the design of switchgears and project management work based on assigned projects.
- Guide, check and prepare design documents (e.g. drawings, material list, working/setting/operating instructions, acceptance criteria, purchase specification wherever applicable)
- Carry out design activities in accordance with instructions, and to comply with quality, environment and safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice
- Ensure products meet lowest best price (raw material cost) in order to meet company sales targets
- Provide support in PreQ activity of medium-voltage products
- Adopt a customer-first approach
- Ensure there are zero quality defects
- Develop schedule achievement on time
- Comply with company policies and be a good team player. Support to enhance team synergy to meet company targets by establishing good internal/external relationships and communications by being a good role model
- Report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to line management and suggestions for further improvement
- Ensure that all personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used
To succeed in this Senior Design Engineer role, you will need to have a strong interest in switchgear design, people management and able to drive accountability. You should have prior experience in the mechanical design of switchgears or similar equipment.
- Tertiary education in mechanical, electrical engineering or related fields
- At least four years of work experience in switchgear secondary design and development jobs with three years in leading switchgear design and development projects
- Proficient in AUTOCAD, NX, Inventor and Microsoft Office suites
- Advanced level in drawing drafting standard and practical geometry tolerance
- Advanced level in switchgear design methodology, power system analysis and calculation
- Upper intermediate level in design for manufacturability, switchgear design standard, switchgear-related engineering knowledge, switchgear routine and type testing
- Good knowledge of local and overseas market requirements
- Excellent technical project management, leadership and team management skills
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Proficient in spoken and written in Bahasa Malaysia and English
- Willing to travel abroad and locally
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are a confident and hands-on person, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take a step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great opportunities await the right candidate in this exciting Mechanical Design Engineer role.
Apply today or email me at JitHow.Chan@robertwalters.com.my / call me at +60 3-2303 7020 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C