Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Cayton Khoo
Date posted 21 November 20192019-11-21 2020-01-20 engineering Penang Simpang Ampat MY 14000 MYR 65000 91000 91000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Mechanical Design Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, this is a role for an engineer who is well-versed in mechanical design in the automation industry.
About the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will play a key role in the engineering team's continued development and success.
- Perform application tasks on assigned projects
- Solicit requests for quotation (RFQ), gathers information on RFQs, develop conceptual solutions on paper, research devices and costs for applications and estimate price of projects
- Clarify specifications and provides necessary support during offering phase
- Responsible for quality of all work done for assigned projects — including final reviews, progress assessments, scope review and concept review
- Assure completion of costing, concepts, proposals and necessary technical write-up and other deliverables in a timely and high-quality manner
- Present concepts and solutions at internal and corporate review meetings and with customers
- Lead project kick-off meetings and ensure all technical, conceptual and costing information are passed on to the project team
- Perform costing tasks when needed and support department members on such tasks
- Save all project-related costing information e.g. quotation, emails from vendor in the project folder
- Clarify price offerings from suppliers and split price input into system, transportation, packing, training and other price categories
- Able to work under tight schedule to complete the proposal on time
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Application Manager or General Manager
To succeed in this role, you must have at least five years of work experience in automation machine design and equipment costing or in the related field is required.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Hands-on experience in application and design of customised automated equipment
- Good knowledge of standard parts e.g. Siemens, Festo, SMS, Keyence, Omron, Bosch, THK, Misumi, etc.
- Good computer skills; able to create spreadsheets and perform word processing
- Record of project achievements and technology development
- Strong CAD capability (Solid Works, Inventor), drafting and sketching talent
This multinational automation company focuses on the manufacturing of automation equipment supporting various industries.
If you are a progressive Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number: JTKSM 423C