Ops Project Manager
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Cayton Khoo
Date posted 05 November 20192019-11-05 2020-01-04 engineering Penang Bayan Lepas MY 11900 MYR 130000 169000 169000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Ops Project Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the PMO Manager, this is a role for an engineer who is well-versed in overall project management inclusive of focusing mainly on PCB Assembly and Box Build environment.
About the Ops Project Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Ops Project Manager will play a key role in the production team's continued development and success.
- Responsible for ensuring all of the project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution
- Collaborate with customer for requirements gathering through product acceptance/ approval
- Align the project team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders within the project
- Review project schedules with functional project managers and project coordinators allocated to projects
- Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives
- Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives
- Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s)
- Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics
- Responsible for recognising project's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within parameters
- Drive project to completion in accordance with schedule
- Coordinate the efforts of the team to develop an integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks
- Management of Resource capacity and time tracking allocated to the project
- Participate in the financial management and analysis of costs for projects, including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs
- Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management
- Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results
- Provide leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement
- Recognise potential problem areas against the plan and identify and implement alternative solutions
- Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems)
- Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required)
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
- Drive relevant, concise and effective communication through a variety of mediums
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Report to the Manager Project Office or Regional Manager Project Office
- Directly responsible for collaborating with employees in all Jabil facilities and job roles to achieve the desired results
- Be responsible for developing a team, and managing other employees as deemed necessary for the project
To succeed in this role, you must have good knowledge of NPI, product transfer, experience working in a CM environment and good strong experience in PCB Assembly and box build environment for automation equipment gas leak test equipment.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management capabilities with project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification desirable
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment: Engineering, Test, Quality, Planning, Materials, etc., with prior experience in customer interface
- Automotive/ Medical background experience as required
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and email skills required
- Bachelor’s degree required (Supply Chain Management or Engineering)
- Minimum of two years' work-related experience required in a supervisory/management role and two years' project management experience or related discipline
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Ops Project Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number: JTKSM 423C