Mechanical Design Engineer (R&D)
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Cayton Khoo
Date posted 05 November 20192019-11-05 2020-01-04 engineering Penang Bayan Lepas MY 11900 MYR 65000 91000 91000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Mechanical Design Engineer (R&D) job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Mechanical Design Manager, this is a role for an engineer who is well-versed in mechanical design focusing on automation and sheet metal.
About the Mechanical Design Engineer (R&D):
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Mechanical Design Engineer (R&D) will play a key role in the production team's continued development and success.
- Analysing, designing, developing/modifying, testing, and debugging design enhancements and features for the optical and stylus metrology tools (90%): Design, build and test engineering specials with prototypes and concepts according to schedule
- Develop designs into a Bruker level product (based on industry standards, patents, proprietary data structures)
- Work together with local engineering team members as well those abroad to share ideas and execute projects
- Complete documentation, and installation/maintenance procedures
- Provide support and assistance with cost estimates/quotations based on requirements
- Support production team and field engineers in resolving technical issues.
- Analyse, develop, test, and document any design enhancements
- Work on hardware troubleshooting/upgrades
- Possess good interpersonal and people management skills
- Maintain and present status reports on scheduled projects
- Other duties as assigned
To succeed in this role, you must have good knowledge in mechanical design for automation and sheet metal used in a laboratory environment.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD modeling, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience in motion control
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Work precisely and pay close attention to details
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge. Excellent skills with hand tools
- Advanced organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong aptitude in mechanical product development, engineering with an emphasis in mechanisms, gears, motors, and precision positioning equipment. Knowledge or experience with metal fabrication techniques (CNC, machining, welding, etc.) is preferred
- A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Mechanical Design Engineer (R&D) with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number: JTKSM 423C