Mechanical Design Engineer
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 02 January 2019 2019-01-022019-03-03 engineering Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 5000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading minerals processing company is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to carry out design process for large and green-field projects for the Asia Pacific region. This job position is based in Kuala Lumpur and reports to the Head of Project Management.
About the Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
In this Mechanical Design Engineer position, you will lead the coordination of various aspects of design management which includes capacity studies, design, planning and cost estimations.
- Participate in all aspects of the design process for large expansion and green-field projects globally as well as plant support projects
- Develop plant layouts under the direction of the Engineering Design Manager
- Survey plant sites and locations for new facilities as requested, including research into available utilities, space requirements for plant and ore storage, and possible restrictions which may hamper company’s operating facility
- Research new equipment and technologies for possible application in processes
- Develop and maintain design standards working with each region to assure consistency in process, construction, equipment, design and installation; in coordination with GES and competency groups
- Support the project management team to insure project completion within approved budgets using established project management guidelines and systems
- Assist in developing project baselines including: scope development, cost estimates, schedules, resources planning and communication plans
- Utilise AutoCAD to develop Process flow diagrams, P&IDs, and equipment general arrangement drawings as required
To succeed in this Mechanical Design Engineer role, you need to have a strong understanding of the processes and scope of machinery and roles of various stakeholders in the manufacturing industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- At least five years' experience as a Project or Design Engineer in heavy industries or oil and gas
- Strong track record of project management experience with ability to interpret technical data, finance reports and legal documents
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Good commercial acumen and results-driven
- Excellent command of oral and written English is required
This company has a strong international reputation in its field and the business succeeds on its ability to provide reliable products for customers. They are planning their next phase of growth and are seeking talented individuals to join them in this journey.
If you have mechanical design experience and enjoy the challenge of managing a fast-track project, this is the role for you.
Apply today to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTKSM 423C