Product Management Specialist
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 17 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading edge multinational company that specialises in the design and manufacturing of precision parts for the automotive industry is looking for a Product Management Specialist to provide technical support to customers. This position reports to the Product Development Manager.
About the Product Management Specialist Role:
In this position, you will be responsible towards transferring technical knowledge about the products to distributors, dealers and mechanics within the SEA region.
- Providing technical support and advisory services to major OEMs and end-users of specified industry fields
- Carrying out product and technical releases for new products of external suppliers
- Overseeing internal coordination of new products, modifications and release of catalogues
- Conducting continuous analysis of the product portfolio and conducting gap analysis on product coverage of the different product groups
- Handling internal and external product training and seminars for staff, customers and other educational institutions
- Providing consultation and technical support to distributors, dealers and mechanics in relation to troubleshooting and malfunction of the products, on site and/or via telephone
- Cross-checking product performance data with performance specification
- Working with the marketing team to provide product insights to identify and develop value propositions
- Deriving customer’s future trends and products requirements
To be successful in this Product Management Specialist role, you must have prior working experience in the automotive aftermarket environment.
- Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronic/Automotive Engineering or relevant field of study
- Three years' of working experience in automotive aftermarket
- Prior knowledge of automotive technology is ideal
- Specific knowledge of engine and transmission technology is desirable
- Familiar with the Malaysian automotive aftermarket industry
- Has a good knowledge of rotary and linear motions
- Good rhetoric, pedagogical and presentation skills
- Able to interact and build relationships with all personnel, including those from other departments while motivating and inspiring team members
- Readiness for intensive travel within the region
This international company has a strong global presence in precision part design and manufacturing with over 100 offices worldwide. The company’s history dates back to over 100 years and their tremendous growth over the years is attributed to their strength in incorporating innovative technologies to their design.
If you are a dynamic Product Management Specialist who excels in articulation of technical matters, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your product management knowledge and exposure in a world class environment.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125