Consultant Benny Tan
Date posted 14 September 2016
An exciting Principal Engineer job has just become available at one of the leading optical products manufacturing and production companies based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this is a role for a specialist who is a leader in their field.
About the Principal Engineer role:
In this role, you will be responsible to lead and manage a group of engineers to innovate, re-engineer, stimulate and optimise processes and systems within the department.
- Comprehension of project requirements, scope and assess novel production technologies and develop a production capabilities
- Lead projects on process optimisation, stabilisation and standardisation to improve yield, reduce production cost, increase productivity and actively involve in new product development, evaluation and qualification
- Apply Six Sigma and FMEA to solve production critical issues and monitor key process parameter and process capability
- Lead, develop, inspire and provide technical coaching and manage the professional development of engineers within the team
- Development of new processes and articles to expand or diversify business related to component's products and create technology roadmaps based on the customer requirements
- Perform engineering duties related to the planning and design of new products, improving manufacturing methods and initiating changes for cost effectiveness
- Perform statistical and technical analysis on production failures and improve production capabilities for components processes
To succeed in the Principal Engineer role, you will have to have the ability to effectively communicate essential project information to operators, site management, and program managers using a variety of formats.
- a degree in Engineering or its equivalent in one of the following areas (mechanical, process, chemistry, physics)
- a minimum of seven years' related working experience with broad knowledge in prism and lens applications
- candidates with Six Sigma knowledge and strong project management skills are highly desirable
- highly self-motivated, internally driven individual with a passion for innovation and desire to lead change
- excellent command of the language (spoken and written) with good leadership skills are essential for this role
This organisation is an international manufacturer of optical products and is recognised as a leader in its field of expertise. With over 10,000 employees worldwide, its mission is to enable the success of its customers through delivery of unique solutions based on its competency and superior technology. The organisation is well known for its focus on development of staff and elevating them to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Principal Engineer position.
Apply today or call me at 010 225 7716 to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125