Controls Engineer (Hardware)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 29 November 20192019-11-29 2020-01-28 engineering Shah Alam MY MYR 72000 108000 108000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading materials handling and distribution manufacturer is recruiting a Controls Engineer (Hardware) to carry out product development, design and commissioning/installation at customer sites. In this job, you will report to the Controls Manager.
About the Controls Engineer (Hardware) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for participating in the development and deployment of electrical controls system components to an agreed specification which includes design, documentation, testing, commissioning and training.
- Prepare/assist with development of functional specifications
- Conformance to OHS&E standards in the design and execution of all work
- Preparation of schematic drawings, PLC programmes and configuration of operator interfaces
- Preparation of manufacturing and installation specifications
- Planning and supervision of major controls installations
- Manage the procurement of parts, the manufacture of cabinets and the electrical installation
- Perform testing, commissioning, preparation of test plans and operator and technical manuals
To succeed in the Controls Engineer (Hardware) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with customers and internal team members.
- Tertiary education in electronics/mechatronics engineering or relevant discipline
- At least five years’ experience in similar role specialising in warehouse automation or material handling systems
- Knowledge of configuration, programming and commissioning of PLCs, variable speed drives and bar code scanners and safety devices
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Willing to travel for work (locally and abroad) extensively
This international organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the global leaders in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and highly adaptable, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Controls Engineer (Hardware) job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Parvathee Ponniah via email at email@example.com.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C