Senior Packaging Engineer
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Johor BahruFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-10 fmcg Johor Bahru MY MYR 96000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading international food manufacturing companies that is well known to individuals all over the world is looking for a Senior Packaging Engineer to oversee installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and root cause analysis activities to ensure technical performance and high reliability of the packaging equipment. In this job, you will report directly to the Senior Technical Manager.
About the Senior Packaging Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be required to support and be involved in the installation and commissioning of packaging equipment along with execution and implementation of the corrective actions in order to optimise maintenance cost as well as reduce unscheduled stoppages.
- Participate, support and implement maintenance routines and its methodologies
- Support the autonomous maintenance (AM) pillar procedures
- Optimise packaging lines and serve as technical expert to assist teams in eliminating repeat packaging equipment failures
- Test, evaluate and implement alternative operational practices/technologies to increase efficiency
- Provide input for organisation’s annual budget as well as analysing the over/under spending in area of responsibility and suggest proper corrective actions
- Determine training needs, develop tools and communication aids, or provide training to his subordinates to maintain the continuity of production output and meet the business growth
- Review, recommend, test and assist in the implementation of various proposals for package design
- Evaluate and manage assigned projects through planning, organising and coordinating projects assigned to them, to assure required standard, budget, deadlines are met
- Maintain packaging specifications by providing packaging bill of materials to plants and providing finished goods specifications
- Support production equipment in case of needs to meet the plant performance metrics
- Develop and manage the strategies, plans and produce as per agreed plan with management to achieve the organisational and financial objectives of the company
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong hands-on background in packaging equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience in maintaining packaging equipment in the FMCG manufacturing industry
- Experience in installing and maintaining TETRA PAK, BOSCH or YAMATO packaging equipment is highly regarded
- Strong PLC programming/troubleshooting experience is preferable
- Good knowledge of electrical troubleshooting, stoppage analysis module (SAM), manufacturing execution system (MES) and automated modular management (AMM)
- Computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, community environment
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
This FMCG company is renowned internationally for their brand excellence and industry expertise. With their products being sold in over 200 countries, they are a market leader in their category.
If you are a technically hands-on Senior Packaging Engineer who excels in installation and maintenance of packaging equipment, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your knowledge and exposure in a world class manufacturing environment.
Apply now or email me at Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C