Product Development Engineer (Hardware Design)
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + MNC
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 23 August 20192019-08-23 2019-10-22 manufacturing-and-production Penang MY MYR 96000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Product Development Engineer (Hardware Design) job has just been made available at a company with 30 years of experience in design, engineering and manufacturing of medical devices and life science instrumentation. You will be joining Penang’s pioneer product development company.
About the Product Development Engineer (Hardware Design)
The key responsibility of this Product Development Engineer (Hardware Design) is to plan and design circuits, PCBs, test plans, procedures, scenarios, and scripts to accurately assess new products or software updates according to customer requirements and company policies. This role requires you to create and implement algorithms that enable medical devices and systems to function as per customers' specifications and requirements.
- Design circuits, PCBs, test plans, procedures, scenarios, and scripts to accurately assess new products or software updates according to customers' requirements
- Draw circuits, wire components and create net-list, documenting all major activities for effective reference and for future use
- Be involved in the creation of layout designs including component placement, power plane creation, routing of signals which includes differential pair routing, length matching and ground shielding as per IPC standards
- Prepare the documentation for the design plan, review specifications for modifications, integrating components and testing
- Design for manufacturability that includes preparing fabrication notes, drill chart, layer stack-up configuration. Gerber generation other deliverables - drill files, assembly drawings, pick and place data, solder paste, layer stack up, etc. and validation using CAM tool to meet DFM
- Provide training in new test procedures to the production testing team and help debug bread boards
- Interpret test data and RMA issues with customer regularly
- Hands-on development of breadboards, soldering, PCBA and wiring
- Communicate clearly and effectively with test personnel, users, developers, and clients to facilitate quick resolution of problems and accurate documentation of successes
- Provide frequent feedback to developers, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements are based on analysis of test data
- Bachelor’s degree/master’s degree in Electronics or Electrical engineering, or similar field
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience involved in the design or development of firmware for devices and/or systems
- Exposure in designing high speed boards, digital, analog and mixed signal boards, interface and test boards
- Experience in coordinating with testing/hardware design team and work closely with fabrication and assembly vendors to bring up the board
- Experience in electronic component selection and PICs, ARMs and CPLDs
- Proficiency in Altium, PADS, ALLEGRO or OrCad is an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of JTAG is a must
This organisation highly regards thinkers who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Their mission is to listen to our customers and deliver the highest quality and technologically superior fluid conveying connection products and solutions.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting opportunity.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-6090506 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1483160.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A