Senior Design Engineer
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 21 September 2018 2018-09-212018-11-20 electronics Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading power transmission & distribution manufacturer is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to carry out product development, process design and process validation. This position reports to the Engineering Head.
About the Senior Design Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for carrying out project design and management work based on assigned projects.
- In charge of new design conceptualisation according to ISO/QMS/EBS standards and perform new design simulation test by building prototype and develop test methods
- Responsible for timely implementation of design customisation projects & assist third party new product development
- Perform general managerial roles to ensure regulatory compliance, mentoring subordinates and guiding their career progression through continuous learning
- Establish design documents inclusive of Promis.e’s element, schematic drawings, material list, SOPs, acceptance criteria, device purchase specification where applicable.
- Carry out assessments & verifications of secondary design details to ensure resultant output is compliant with regulatory and company standards
- Introduce new products and revise existing product designs while ensuring strict adherence to assignment schedules
- Support technical collaborations and establish strict control and monitoring to ensure comprehensive coverage of design task list for projects
- To efficiently develop and utilise manpower, equipment, material, utilities and budget to meet requirement for safety, environment, quality, labour and expenses.
To succeed in this Senior Design Engineer role, you will need to have a strong interest in switchgear design, people management and able to drive accountability.
- Tertiary Education in Engineering/ Electrical or related fields
- At least five years of working experience in switchgear secondary design & development jobs with three years in leading switchgear design & development projects
- Proficient in AUTOCAD, PROMIS.E and Microsoft Office suites
- Advanced level in drawing drafting standard & practical geometry tolerance
- Advanced level in switchgear design methodology, power system analysis & calculation
- Upper Intermediate level in design for manufacturability, switchgear design standard, switchgear related engineering knowledge, switchgear routine and type testing
- Possess good knowledge on local & overseas market requirements
- Excellent technical project management, leadership skills & team management
- Possess good analytical and communication skills
- Proficient in spoken and written in Bahasa Malaysia and English
- Willing to travel abroad and locally
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are a confident and hands-on person, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take a step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great opportunities await the right candidate in this exciting Senior Design Engineer role.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Parvathee Ponniah via email at email@example.com.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125