Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 18 September 2018 2018-09-182018-11-17 engineering Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A renowned manufacturing company (focusing on R&D) in Penang is looking for a Hardware Engineer to join their R&D product development team responsible for the full cycle of product design and development. Reporting directly to the Hardware Manager, this is a job for an experienced individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about product development.
About the Hardware Engineer Role:
In this key position, you will participate as a team member of hardware engineers involved in full life cycle software development and product conceptualisation that satisfy the customer's requirements.
- Clear understanding of full product realisation process (conceptualise, design, commercialise, manufacture, fulfil, sustain) to provide support
- Architect and realise product design that meets product requirements, design, process and safety guidelines as well as customer expectations
- Design and implement electronics design by selecting components, schematic design and supervising PCB layout as well as integrating and testing the hardware platform
- Conduct product verification against defined hardware specification, prepare design documentation and support design transition to manufacturing as necessary
- Assume technical lead role in project as necessary to provide the technical direction, technical decision and risk mitigation
- Identify opportunities to improve within the functional team and participate in improvement activities
- Produce comprehensive project documentation based on the needs of the project and in accordance with the quality and change management procedures and guidelines
- Cross-functional involvement with product development teams consisting of engineers from other disciplines to succeed in the software roll-out
- Involved with product development team to transfer product designs to manufacturing
To succeed in this Hardware Engineer job, you must possess strong analytical skills and knowledge of hardware design and product development, with the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of three years' relevant work experience with expertise in embedded hardware design
- Experience in detailed design with schematic capture until supervising PCB layout using industry standard EDA tools (Cadence Allegro, PADS Power PCB, Mentor Expedition, Mentor Boardstation, Altium or Valor)
- Experience in programmable logic design (CPLD/FPGA) including front-end logic design using VHDL or Verilog, functional simulation, synthesis, and place and route
- Experience in High Speed Digital Interface design (DDR2/DDR3 memories, PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet) and Signal Integrity Analysis using industry standard SI simulation tools such as Mentor Graphic Hyperlynx
- Experience in technical and/or project leadership skills including tasks delegation, coaching, schedule planning and BOM cost management
- Strong computer skills, decision-making, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills
- IPC Designers Council Certification (C.I.D. or C.I.D.+) is a plus
This is a renowned manufacturing company that needs no introduction. If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Hardware Engineer job.
Apply now email@example.com for this new exciting opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125