Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 20 August 2018 2018-08-202018-10-19 manufacturing-and-production Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A renowned manufacturing company is looking for a Software Manager to join their R&D team and carry out the job responsibilities in Penang. You will be responsible for leading a team to execute an embedded software development life cycle.
About the Software Manager Role:
Reporting directly to the Engineering Director, this is a job for an experienced individual who is a people manager and a great technical leader.
- Lead a team of software engineers on software design matters and be involved in full life cycle software development
- Provide leadership to a team of software engineers, including project planning, task management, mentoring and team motivation
- Develop and execute software design verification test plans per requirements specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements
- Liaise with customers to clearly and concisely communicate technical information
- Maintain and deliver controlled software releases to customers by utilising appropriate configuration management tools
- Develop project documentation in accordance with quality and change management procedures and guidelines to ensure project information is properly organised and archived
- Challenge status quo to continuously improve software group’s capabilities, approach and process
- Participate in design reviews to ensure quality design output
- Cross functional involvement with product development teams consisting of engineers from various other disciplines to succeed in the software role out
- Involved with software development team to transfer product designs to manufacturing
To succeed in this Software Manager job, you must possess strong analytical skills and knowledge of software design, including object-oriented design, and have the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Master/Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required for this position
- A minimum of four years' experience in software engineering
- Possess understanding of software design methodology, including Agile Scrum Development would be an added advantage
- Core strength in C and C++ programming languages
- Strong computer skills, decision making, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Software Manager.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125