Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant JitHow Chan
Job Ref 1832020/001
Date posted 01 August 2022shah-alam mining-engineering-operations/engineering-chemical 2022-08-01 2022-09-30 engineering Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global market leader in industrial chemicals manufacturing is recruiting for an Instrumentation Engineer job to support and deliver continuous improvement in the productivity of all plants regarding instrumentation, analytical and process control. This position reports to the Area Manager.
About the Instrumentation Engineer Role:
In this Instrumentation Engineer role, you will be using your knowledge in instrumentation and process control to drive and deliver continuous improvement in the productivity of all plants regarding instrumentation, analytical and process control. You will also ensure the latest process control system is applied within the manufacturing plants.
- Lead proactive instrumentation and process control improvement, defined by efficiency, maintenance spend optimisation or reduction of cost of downtime by working with the regional team regularly to review asset data, events, and trends to identify initiatives, projects, or programmes that close identified asset management gaps, share best practice, and maximise on-site operations leverage
- Ensure that field Instrumentation & Process Control staff are competent and that training and knowledge gaps are uncovered and closed
- Ensure that all work performed by internal teams or external vendors adhere to the required codes and procedures, internal and external standards
- Join the proposal and project commercialisation process, including scope and spares input and related new plant acceptance activities, representing the on-site operations for instrumentation and process control team
- Ensure that major cost of downtime events for instrumentation and process control systems are investigated, root cause is determined, and that findings are developed and shared across the region
- Develop best practices for the implementation of advanced controls for the manufacturing plants
- Ensure that all instrumentation and process control activities adhere to the company’s safety, health and environmental policies
To succeed in the Instrumentation Engineer role, you will need to have at least five years in a process plant environment with at least three years of experience in instrument and process control.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or a related field of study
- At least five years of experience in instrumentation and process control management
- Familiarity with latest process control technologies
- Experienced user of root cause analysis
- Ability to perform risk assessment and make an informed decision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- High accountability and ownership to drive closure of action items
- Ability to lead changes, a self-starter and able to inspire others
- Highly organised, process driven and analytical in problem solving
- Positive approach, self-motivated, a team player and possess high level of integrity
- Application is open to Malaysians and/or candidates with existing right to employment in Malaysia
The company has a strong global presence delivering engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of clients.
If you are seeking for a technical role in instruments and process control with regional exposure, this is the role for you.
Apply today or email me at JitHow.Chan@robertwalters.com.my/call me at +60 3-2303 7020 to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR67,500 - MYR94,500 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 25 July 2022A world-leading scientific instruments manufacturer is seeking a Senior Service Engineer to be in charge of product application, after sales support and product training for the Asia-Pacific regions. In this job, you will report directly to the Service Manager.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 11 August 2022A well known beverage manufacturer is recruiting for an Assistant QA Manager job to oversee operations of the Quality Assurance Department, and efficient managing all quality aspects of the products while ensuring compliance with safety and health code regulation.