Consultant Cayton Khoo
Date posted 03 June 20192019-06-03 2019-08-02 manufacturing-and-production Penang Perai MY MYR 48500 58500 58500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Production Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firm based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this is a role for an engineer who is well versed in the manufacturing processes.
About the Production Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Production Engineer will play a key role in the engineering team continued development and success.
- Manage and process incoming orders with the ability to interpret AutoCad, design drawings and translate into manufacturing shop floor work orders.
- Evaluate production technical compliance, detail out production plan for manufacturing capacity efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Plan and control all process steps of production to achieve the desired manufacturing result in terms of quality and quantity.
- Examine on various first piece inspection to ensure work orders are generated accurately with traceability records, trouble shoot and implement corrective action and preventive measure.
- Review on the production schedule, ensure production performance are tracked with performance metrics and manage operating cost effectively.
- Manage and maximize manpower utilization to achieve daily targeted output or in accordance to the forecast.
- Establish sequence lead time of every project to facilitate timely delivery, work closely with project teams for product variation, planned delivery, shipment scheduling and etc.
- Establish overall maintenance schedule, implement repairs and maintenance of all product equipment.
- Closely monitor adequate raw material availability by maintaining a minimum stock inventory ensure continuous production.
- Work with the material planner ensure material sufficiency, assist and support in production planning as and when required.
- Liaise with the purchasing section on material selections, assist in sourcing of engineering or technical materials, parts and component.
- Closely monitor product quality standards, ensure corrective actions are implemented on quality control and assurance to achieve customers satisfactions. Rectification and steps for improvement are documented.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma or Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Metal/ Fabrication/Tool & Die/Welding, Other) or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin
- Required skill(s) : knowledge in AutoCad, analytical mindest, able to work with minimum supervision, team player, strong problem solving skill
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Production Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
License Number : JTKSM 423C-1A