Regional R&D Chemist
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Shaun Ho
Date posted 30 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A rapidly growing international chemical manufacturing company is looking for a Regional R&D Chemist to develop new and/or optimum products, test alternative raw materials and enhance technical competence in the region by establishing and fulfilling the R&D plan and utilising available resources to increase business competitiveness and profitability. This position reports to the Regional R&D Manager.
About the Regional R&D Chemist Role:
In this R&D Chemist role, you will be expected to develop new products and improve existing ones by searching, identifying and applying the most appropriate technology & formulation techniques to achieve the desired results within the desired time frame to secure the targeted commercial advantages.
- Develop new products and improve existing ones by searching, identifying and applying the most appropriate technology & formulation techniques to achieve the desired results within the desired time frame to secure the targeted commercial advantages.
- Evaluate substitute/alternative raw materials by testing their performance in existing products to increase raw materials purchasing flexibility & achieve cost competitiveness.
- Support business units in solving technical problems & educate laboratory staff by conducting lectures and practical training to enhance overall technical competence in the region.
- Liaise with relevant laboratories within the Group via periodic & ad-hoc information exchange to secure mutual transfer of technology and experience.
To be successful Regional R&D Chemist in this role, you must have tertiary education in Chemistry from a recognised institute.
- Minimum of four years’ of working experience in research and development (Preferably from a coatings and chemical industry)
- Knowledge in R&D Methodology is strongly required
- Painting and technical data as well as information analysis skills is necessary
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential
- Able to travel to SEA region up to 30% frequency per year
This growing chemical company has solid expansion plans and they are one of the top 3 global suppliers within their product category.
If you are someone who is strategic, forward-thinking and possess strong determination to achieve success, this is the role for you.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125