Head of Township
Salary MYR216,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref EGFY7I-5F33FA1F
Date posted 25 May 2023kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/civil 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 property-and-housing Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 216000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A highly established property developer is looking for a dynamic candidate for a Head of Township job to lead the planning, strategising, implementation, and delivery of the township development projects. This position reports directly to the COO.
About the Head of Township Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for planning and leading the property development projects and ensure that schedules are met in accordance with the Master Project Plan.
- Formulate and determine the business and functional direction and in line with the strategies, plans and targets of the company
- Responsible for developing township operations strategies, guidelines, and plan
- Liaise with support department, e.g. land planning and administration, main infrastructure and landscaping, product development and innovation, contract management, marketing and sales teams, and strategy to ensure smooth implementation of development in accordance with the Budget Plan
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to ensure all contractual and regulatory requirements are complied with for the smooth implementation of the development
- Plan and manage the property development project and ensure schedules are met in accordance with the Township Development Plan
- Work closely with other services departments to secure profitable and/or high-profile ventures
- Plan and organise staffing requirements for projects
- Shaping and visualising the current and future strategies to create opportunities
- Strengthen position with strategic partners in the industrial segment
- Building communities that are self-contained (combining the best of industrial, commercial & community development
- Ensure projects are delivered in a cost effective and financially sustainable manner against targets agreed with the Management
- Advise and provide expertise on any significant project delivery risk management issues to respective line management, project committees and other relevant committees for timely decision-making and appropriate course of action
- Establish and sustain relationship with internal and external stakeholders with the aim to align with company’s vision and mission, help sustain smooth operations from mutual trust, as well as enhance business integrity and opportunities
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to subordinates for them to develop and internalise the right behaviours, mindset, and capabilities
To succeed in this Head of Township role, you must have prior end-to-end township development experience, ranging from planning to project financing, engineering design management, contracting and procurement, all the way to construction management, preferably within mixed development construction projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering/Architecture/Construction Management or similar field of study
- Minimum of 15 years of township planning experience within the property development industry
- Certification in Project Management Professional (PMP) by PMI is an added advantage
- Have a strong financial and commercial acumen to handle project costings, financing, and cost control
- Financial closure background for large-scale construction projects
- Extensive construction knowledge, techniques, materials, and regulations
- Ability to lead the process to establish all relevant statutory authority requirements and risk mitigation to ensure smooth local authority approvals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to work autonomously, be self-driven and not reliant on others
- Ability to adapt yourself well in various international settings for long periods of time
- Ability to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
The organisation is an entrepreneurial and high growth business with a strong reputation and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, dynamic, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Township role.
Apply now or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss the opportunity.
Get in touch
Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
+603 2303 7043
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 June 2023A leading transportation service provider is seeking a dynamic Head of Rail Reliability to lead all Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) initiatives as part of their overall systems assurance. In this job, you will report directly to the Group COO.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR204,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2023A renowned environmental organisation is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability Technical Assistance job to take the lead in driving the organisation’s mission of transforming the market to make sustainable palm oil the norm. This position reports to the Technical Sustainability Director.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2023A renowned environmental organisation is seeking a Head of Biodiversity to lead and implement all sustainability standards pertaining to biodiversity and high conservation value subject matters. This position reports to the Sustainability Director.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading transportation service provider is looking for a dynamic candidate for a Head of Bus MRO job to lead all maintenance, repair, and overhaul initiatives for the network of busses. This position reports directly to the COO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A leading renewable energy firm is looking for a high-calibre Head of Renewable Energy to lead and orchestrate the entire renewable energy supply chain, providing integrated and comprehensive solutions for their business needs. In this job, you will report directly to the CEO.