Salary MYR216,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1911100/001
Date posted 16 March 2023kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/civil 2023-03-21 2023-05-15 property-and-housing Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 216000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An up-and-coming property developer is seeking a dynamic Construction Chief to lead and control the overall project, technical and financial development of major construction projects, ensuring the effective delivery of the projects. In this job, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
About the Construction Chief Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for all project facets including, development of and adherence to the investment request, full stakeholder management, alignment and coordination, reporting, presenting, design, risk, procurement, change, statutory, program, cost, and quality.
- Formulate and determine the business and functional direction and in line with the strategies, plans and targets of the company
- Manage and control a wide number of projects in order to achieve high efficiency and effectiveness in project delivery
- Ensure projects are delivered in a cost effective and financially sustainable manner against targets agreed with the Management
- Lead all aspects of construction projects, utilising innovative solutions to ensure efficient delivery and meeting project goals
- Develop and implement effective construction plans and schedules that promote growth and continuous improvement
- Advise and provide expertise on any significant project delivery risk management issues to respective line management, project committees and other relevant committees for timely decision-making and appropriate course of action
- Lead the review, development and implementation of formal procedures and policies, covering all aspects of the unit’s operations including the methodology and approach of the planning and execution of projects to result in effective and efficient project delivery and governance
- Lead the project management processes, procedures, project set up and develop a suite of key performance indicators
- Lead and direct the procurement and management of externals consultants and project manager and ensure that the required levels of competence are embedded within all consultants appointed
- Establish and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders with the aim to align with company’s vision and mission, help sustain smooth operations from mutual trust, as well as enhance business integrity and opportunities
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to subordinates for them to develop and internalise the right behaviours, mindset, and capabilities
To succeed in this role, you must have prior end-to-end project development experience, ranging from business development to project financing, engineering design management, contracting and procurement, all the way to construction management, preferably within mixed development construction projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience, preferably handling the construction of property development projects
- Prior experience in a main contractor construction firm is highly advantageous
- A strong financial and commercial acumen to handle project costings, financing and cost control
- Prior financial closure background for large-scale construction projects
- Extensive construction knowledge, techniques, materials, and regulations
- Ability to lead the process to establish all relevant statutory authority requirements and risk mitigation to ensure smooth local authority approvals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Able to work autonomously, be self-driven and not reliant on others
- Able to adapt yourself well in various international settings for long periods of time
- Able to resolve conflicts, visionary and possess the foresight to plan ahead for the business
The organisation is a high growth business that is rapidly expanding. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, dynamic, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Construction Chief role.
Apply now or send your CV to Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
+603 2303 7043
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 March 2023A leading plantation group is recruiting for a General Manager, Palm Oil Mill job to lead all engineering transformation initiatives in order to ensure that all the mills across the country are at the optimum level of operational conditions. This position directly reports to the Managing Director.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 March 2023A leading transportation service provider is looking for a dynamic candidate for a Head of Bus MRO job to lead all maintenance, repair, and overhaul initiatives for the network of busses. This position reports directly to the COO.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 February 2023A large plantation company is seeking a Head of Sustainability to develop and implement the social, environmental, and economic sustainability policies. In this job, you will report to the Managing Director.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 February 2023A rapidly growing airline business is recruiting for a Head of Air Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This job reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR336,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 March 2023A leading plantation group is recruiting for a Head of Plantation Operations job to lead and strategise all the plantation operations and improvement initiatives. This position reports to the Managing Director.