General Manager, QA/QC
Salary MYR360,000 - MYR420,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Job Ref 1836000/001
Date posted 04 August 2022kuala-lumpur mining-engineering-operations/civil 2022-08-04 2022-10-03 building-and-construction Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 360000 420000 420000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading property developer is recruiting for a General Manager, QA/QC job to provide strategic direction for the quality management department for all infrastructure construction projects. This position reports directly to the Director of Construction.
About the General Manager, QA/QC Role:
In this role, you will oversee the quality management system, conduct audits, and provide recommendations on gaps to the management team.
- Establish QA/QC policies and guidelines for the company, and improve the current SOPs and material quality control
- Perform daily inspection and test necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed on and off site
- Being involved in vendor selection and review of vendor qualification
- Initiate preventive measures and improvement initiatives to minimise defects on-site
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures and ensure activities at site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan
- Coordinate with consultant and contractors for inspection and meeting on quality matters including the closure of non-compliance report
- Monitor all activities related to Quality Management System (QMS)
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every engineering construction activity related to multidisciplinary operations
- Prepare, review, and maintain the Project Quality Plan, inspection test plans and checklist based on required specifications throughout project duration
- Set up and implement QA/QC documentation control system, and complete final quality documentation in accordance with conditions of contract
To succeed in this General Manager, QA/QC role, you must have a strong understanding of quality standards for the construction space.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- 15 years of working experience in quality assurance/quality control for infrastructure construction projects
- Experience in major infrastructure projects such as rail projects is an advantage
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work
- Ability to lead the process to establish all relevant statutory authority requirements and risk mitigation to ensure smooth local authority approvals
- Ability to demonstrate experience of managing projects from inception to completion
- Detail-oriented, disciplined, and has solid planning and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously, be self-driven and not reliant on others
- Ability to resolve conflicts, visionary with the foresight to plan ahead for the business
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a strong quality assurance/quality control management experience in construction projects and are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment as your next career move, this General Manager, QA/QC Manager role is the one for you.
Apply now or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 August 2022One of the engineering and construction companies is looking for a dynamic candidate to take on a General Manager, Contracts job to oversee and be responsible for analysing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and approving the quantity estimates. This position reports to the Construction Director.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 June 2022A leading speciality chemical manufacturer is looking for a General Manager, Manufacturing to lead all plant operations and other manufacturing related activities within a greenfield new plant setup project. This position reports directly to the Managing Director.
Salary: MYR400,000 - MYR450,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A leading chemicals producer is recruiting for a Head of Sustainability, Asia Pacific job to lead, develop and implement the environmental, social and governance sustainability initiatives for the organisation across the entire Asia Pacific region. This position reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR240,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 August 2022A rapidly growing airline business is seeking a Head of Flight Operations job to lead all flight operations activities during an exciting expansion phase for the organisation. This job reports to the CEO.
Salary: MYR180,000 - MYR216,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 July 2022A renowned environmental organisation is seeking a Head of Climate Change to develop and implement the sustainability policies related to climate change related issues. In this job, you will report to the Sustainability Director.