Technical Support Engineer
Salary MYR66,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 15 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-14 electronics Shah Alam MY MYR 66000 78000 78000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world-leading scientific instruments manufacturer is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to be in charge of product application, technical support, and product training for the Asia Pacific and European regions. In this job, you will report directly to the Head of Technical Support.
About the Technical Support Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be the key product expert throughout the Asia Pacific region, providing technical expertise on product application, documents, resources, drawings and other technical matters.
- Providing in-depth technical support, managing product support tools and conducting technical training to internal and external parties
- Providing expert application and product support for company’s product solutions (hardware and software) to the regional sales and service offices
- Becoming a competent key technical advisor and product advocate for the responsible products
- Communicating regulatory compliance requirements and applications effectively, while demonstrating the company’s market leadership and expertise in the relevant fields
- Participating in product launches and major customer projects
- Providing product technical training with service offices and external partners
- Supporting and monitoring the execution of regional key account projects with proper project management life cycle
- Supporting marketing activities, such as customer visits, seminars, exhibitions and advanced product demonstrations
To be successful in this role, you must have prior experience in product management, technical training or after-sales service management within the industrial environment.
- Degree in electrical/electronics engineering
- Three years of technical product support, technical support or after-sales service experience
- Technical hands-on knowledge in automation and control instrumentation system (sensors, transmitters, weighing)
- Knowledge of PLC data communication protocol (fieldbus, TCP/IP, Analog & Digital output signals) is preferred
- Prior experience with sensors or related technologies within industrial environments is ideal
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven effectiveness in small and large team environments
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills along with a good influencing ability
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Willing to travel extensively within the region and internationally
This international analytical instrument manufacturer continues to be market leaders for their product category by being at the forefront of product innovation.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Technical Support Engineer role.
Apply now or email me at Shanggar.Marimutu@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C