Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Parvathee Ponniah
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-072019-02-05 engineering Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
A leading-edge multinational power tools manufacturer is looking for an Application Engineer to provide the design and structural analysis for a wide range of applications. This job position reports to the Head of Projects.
About the Application Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be responsible for performing application engineering processes in the project management office and handling projects across the region.
- Providing design and structural analysis for a wide range of applications based on the modular support systems and related products such as anchors and direct fastening solutions
- Supporting the sales and business development field teams in the acquisition phase of projects
- Providing key technical and application data to the commercial teams whilst ensuring the quality of the engineering solution proposed
- Providing relevant documentation including bills of materials to other functions for further processing
- Taking the lead in providing complete engineering solutions for a range of applications based on the modular support systems using either the internal proprietary software, standard structural calculation software or manual calculations
- Collaborating on project execution with different departments, such as sales, global logistics or finance, ensuring the adherence to relevant codes and standards in project engineering
- Being at the centre of the installation design team and support the current team members with the development of their knowledge and experience
To be successful in this Application Engineer role, you must have prior steel structure design experience within the oil and gas or energy industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- At least five years' technical experience, preferably within the energy or oil and gas industries
- Prior extensive experience in steel structure design
- Large data centre design or complex modular building design
- Experience in building structural models and competency in use of associated structural analysis software, e.g. Rstab, SAP2000, AutoCAD 2D/3D Basic
- Familiarity with Autodesk INVENTOR and MatchCad is a plus
- Prior project management and tendering/estimating experience
- Able to interact and build relationships with all personnel, including those from other departments while motivating and inspiring team members
This international company has a strong global reputation in tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector, with presence in over 120 countries worldwide. The company’s history dates back to over 75 years and their tremendous growth over the years is attributed to their strength in incorporating innovative technologies to their design and exceptional service level.
If you are a dynamic Application Engineer who excels in design and structural analysis, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your application engineering knowledge and exposure in a world class working environment.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125