Salary Lucrative package
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 building-and-construction Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading renewable energy firm is looking for a Civil Engineer to design, develop and construct large scale solar power plants across Malaysia and regions surrounding it. This position reports directly to the Project Director.
About the Civil Engineer role:
In this position, you will be required to prepare engineering calculations required for the design of projects and supervise the drafting in order to support the construction solutions development.
- Analysing survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Preparing engineering design calculation using relevant computer software for project bidding and solution development, including calculation of structural strength, assessing building/road capacity limits and estimating construction costs
- Preparing construction detailing, drawings, detailed designs and documentation for the construction and implementation of civil engineering projects
- Designing the frameworks of structures to ensure strength and rigidity
- Studying current and new standard imposed by local structural regulation or the specifications of local construction needs
- Ensuring conformance to customer specifications, company standards as well as other regulation requirements
To be successful in this role, you must have prior civil and structural design experience, preferably from a consultancy background.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or relevant field of study
- Minimum five years of C&S experience with a consultancy firm
- Familiar with earthworks, road & drainages
- Prior experience in the construction of renewable energy power plants is ideal
- Prior site supervision experience in reinforced concrete, foundation and structural steel works, particularly in industrial projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD, STAAD, Microsoft Projects and other engineering software programs
- Able to manage, construct and qualify Gantt Chart, Work-Breakdown Structure (WBS), Critical Path Analysis (CPA), Program Evaluation & Review Technique (PERT) and Graphical Evaluation & Review Technique (GERT)
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Possess strong troubleshooting and analytical approach to problem solving
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a strong civil and structural experience in construction projects and are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment as your next career move, this Civil Engineer role is the one for you. You will be part of the pioneering large scale solar power plant developers in Malaysia.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity. email@example.com
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125