Location Shah Alam
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 02 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading renewable energy firm is looking for a QA/QC Manager to provide strategic direction for the quality management department of the construction of solar power plants. This position reports directly to the Project Director.
About the QA/QC Manager role:
In this role, you will oversee the quality management system, conduct audits and provide recommendations on gaps to the management team.
- Establishing QA/QC policies and guidelines for the company, and improve the current SOPs and material quality control
- Perform daily inspection and test necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed on and off site
- Involved in vendor selection and review of vendor qualification
- Initiate preventive measures and improvement initiatives to minimise defects on-site
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures and ensure activities at site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan
- Coordinate with consultant and contractors for inspection and meeting on quality matters including the closure of non-compliance report
- Monitor all activities related to Quality Management System (QMS)
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every engineering construction activity related to multidisciplinary operations
- Prepare, review and maintain the Project Quality Plan, inspection test plans and checklist based on required specifications throughout project duration
- Set up and implement QA/QC documentation control system, and complete final quality documentation in accordance with conditions of contract
To succeed in this QA/QC Manager role, you must have a strong understanding of quality standards for the construction space.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- Eight years' working experience in quality assurance/quality control for construction projects
- Experience in solar system installation or solar construction project is an advantage
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work
- Able to travel for work and be based at site for an extensive period
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing client projects from inception to completion
- Detail-oriented, disciplined, and has solid planning and organisation skills
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a strong quality assurance/quality control management experience in construction projects and are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment as your next career move, this QA/QC Manager role is the one for you. You will be part of the pioneering large scale solar power plant developers in Malaysia.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125