Civil & Structural Design Engineer
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 01 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An established renewable energy EPCC contractor is looking for a Civil & Structural Design Engineer to design, develop and construct large scale solar power plants across Malaysia. This position reports to the Technical Director.
About the Civil & Structural Design Engineer Role:
In this position, you will be required to prepare engineering calculations required for the design of projects and supervise the drafting in order to support the construction solutions development.
- Analysing survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Preparing engineering design calculation using relevant computer software for project bidding and solution development, including calculation of structural strength, assessing building/road capacity limits and estimating construction costs
- Preparing construction detailing, drawings, detailed designs and documentation for the construction and implementation of civil engineering projects
- Designing the frameworks of structures to ensure strength and rigidity
- Studying current and new standard imposed by local structural regulation or the specifications of local construction needs
- Ensuring conformance to customer specifications, company standards as well as other regulation requirements
To be successful in this role, you must have prior civil and structural design experience, preferably with power plants.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or relevant field of study
- Minimum three years of C&S experience with a consultancy firm
- Prior experience in the construction of renewable energy power plants is ideal
- Prior site supervision experience in reinforced concrete, foundation and structural steel works, particularly in industrial projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD, STAAD, Microsoft Projects and other engineering software programs
- Able to manage, construct and qualify Gantt Chart, Work-Breakdown Structure (WBS), Critical Path Analysis (CPA), Program Evaluation & Review Technique (PERT) and Graphical Evaluation & Review Technique (GERT)
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Possess strong troubleshooting and analytical approach to problem solving
This company is currently on a tremendous growth path with high profitability in recent years and are prepared for an IPO.
If you are a Civil & Structural Design Engineer who possesses strong C&S design experience, this opportunity will enable you to further develop your exposure within the construction of world class and highly sophisticated renewable energy power plants.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125