Senior Construction Manager
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum
Consultant Shanggar Ganesh Marimutu
Date posted 16 January 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading renewable energy firm has made a Senior Construction Manager job available to manage the planning, timeline, progress and site inspection for the construction of renewable energy power plants across the country. This position reports directly to the Group CEO.
About the Senior Construction Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for execution of the entire project on schedule, to budget and inline with best practices regarding quality, safety and environmental performance. Your responsibilities will be to set up the construction management office, including personnel, systems, tools and templates to provide high-quality oversight, tracking and reporting of project progress and contractor performance, and respond to project advisers and stakeholders.
- Oversee contractors’ construction activities and manage the integration of the project with the transmission network operator
- Ensure quality construction standards are met using project construction techniques and equipment
- Monitor and report periodically on project completion to schedule and budget
- Evaluate and track contractor performance against contractual obligations
- Ensure on and off-site construction activities are compliant with corporate environment-health-safety policies
- Establish site facilities and equipment office, accommodation, amenities, transportation and security
- Recruit additional personnel to establish the construction management office
- Provide regular construction progress reports for management review and for use by external stakeholders
- Obtain all necessary permits, licenses and government authorisations
To succeed in this role you must have prior experience managing multi-disciplinary construction projects and contractors, ideally involving power generation.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field of study
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in construction project management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management systems, tools, processes, means and methods and experience establishing and coordinating construction management teams
- Expert knowledge of construction contracts, methods and relevant laws, regulations and quality standards, ideally in the power generation sector
- Detailed understanding of all facets of civil and electrical construction processes
- Ability to plan and see the big picture with respect to commercial and strategic objectives
- Competent in conflict and crisis management with experience in managing multi-cultural teams
- Excellent leadership, communication, time and project management skills
- Candidates should be prepared to work for extended periods on-site
The organisation is a high growth business with several ongoing large-scale projects and plans to expand further across the region. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you have power plant project and construction management methodologies at your fingertips, this Senior Construction Manager role is the one for you. The enticing opportunity to eventually become a Project Director awaits you.
Apply now to discuss the opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125