Category Manager (Retail)
Salary MYR72,000 - MYR84,000 per annum + Travel Allowance
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Michelle Yim
Date posted 03 August 2018 2018-08-032018-09-30 retail Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Category Manager (Retail) job has just become available at one of the most renowned European retail companies based in KLIA2. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is the role for you if you're looking for a step-up to manage a wide range of products; from luxury skincare, premium cosmetics, fashion, snacks and confectionery.
About the Category Manager (Retail) Role:
The role is responsible for the category performance against financial targets and KPIs. The Category Manager will collaborate and manage both the operations and purchasing team in line with the broader commercial strategy and carries the authority of the assortment range to be represented and executed on the shop floors.
- Maximise assortments and availability of products to enhance customer experience and store appropriateness
- Conduct a regular review of customers’ profiles and store’s feedback and analyse trends and results to develop and drive initiatives on the shop floor
- Ensure the right selection, availability and acquisition of products to meet customers’ demands and expectations
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, brand principals and external business partners
- Manage effectively the management of stock and space while complying with pre‐set operational procedures
- Analyse and execute actions to develop KPIs including but not limited to the development of the category strategies
- Maximise profitability of categories by focusing on high margin revenue opportunities
- Contribute to the profitability of all categories by increasing the volume of well‐performing products and improving speed of inventory turnover
- Develop strategies to minimise ageing stocks and exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Identify and drive short term business improvements (“quick wins”), while having a solid understanding of what needs to be done and developed in a long run
- Establish yourself as the authority of the category/assortment function
- Lead, motivate and direct the local inventory team
- Collaborate with inventory control and planning team to make forecasts for product demands, to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Maintain compelling relationships with the operations and purchasing team
- Provide and ensure accuracy of commission and incentive calculations for sales team members
- Liaise with purchasing and marketing team to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities
- Conduct frequent and regular shop walks to observe and to discuss stock position, customer demographics and promotional opportunities
- Provide regular and timely category updates for weekly and monthly reporting
To succeed in this Category Manager (Retail) role, you should have at least four years' experience in merchandising/buying with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in any notable universities
- At least four years' working experience in Buying/Merchandising and experience working in retail companies will be an added advantage
- Strong stakeholders engagement skills
- Willing to be based in KLIA2
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing their employees to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take a step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great opportunities await the right candidate in this exciting Category Manager role.
Apply now or email me at Michelle.Yim@robertwalters.com.my to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125