Category Development Manager
Salary MYR84,000 - MYR108,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Michelle Yim
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-09-25 fmcg Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Category Development Manager job has just become available at one of the most renowned FMCG companies based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Category Manager , this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in the FMCG industry.
About the Category Development Manager Role:
The role is responsible for developing the Category agenda for all trade channels to support long term Category growth for the organisation.
• Responsible for identifying priority channels for each sub-category and work with Channel team to develop category-channel strategies in line with overall market strategies (incorporating understanding on shoppers, category and customer, competition, channel and external environment).
• Established a clear Placement, Activity, Promotion and Pricing framework for assigned sub-category to be implemented across all relevant channels.
• Responsible in developing clear and comprehensive activity deck together with brand team and channel team.
• Effectively communicating these to Sales and Operation team in Cycle meeting / Sales Plan Cascade meeting and update monthly sales bulletin as appropriate.
• Accountable and Responsible in recommend and develop all merchandising solutions (POSM) for assigned sub- category, and develop relevant merchandising guideline to support ISO team for execution.
• Accountable and Responsible in planning the In-store Activations programs (sampling & events) for assigned sub-category with 3rd party agency. Including working with brand team to determine promoter script, KPI and training. Fully cascade to Field Sales Management Mgr & PA Supervisor to execute the plan.
• Responsible for optimal budget utilisation based on activities requirement.
• Ensuring pre and post evaluation of all national campaign is conducted and share learning with all the stakeholders – responsible for evaluation of sales executional targets, point of sales and activation targets.
• Responsible for preparing and implementing new product trade launch plan.
To succeed in the Category Development Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with the Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and Regulatory teams.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in any notable universities
• At least three years of working experience in Trade Marketing / Category Development / Channel Development /Sales Planning in FMCG companies
• Strong stakeholders engagement skills
• Excellent in communication and engagement skills
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take a step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great opportunities await the right candidate in this exciting Category Development Manager role.
Apply now or email me at Michelle.Yim@robertwalters.com.my to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125