Global Product & Portfolio Marketing Manager
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Rachel Chan
Date posted 21 September 2016
An exciting Global Product & Portfolio Marketing Manager job has just become available at one of the leader in the lubrication industry based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Product & Portfolio, this is a role for a Product Management Professional who is a leader in the Oil & Gas or Chemical sector.
About the Global Product & Portfolio Marketing Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to develop & manage the company’s automotive lubricant product portfolios across Commercial Vehicle Lubricants, Agriculture Construction Lubricant and Automotive Functional Fluids categories via analysis of market-led technology platforms, technology availability, end-consumer or customer needs, market analytics, competitive benchmarks and organizational resources.
- Interface with Global Brand & Category Marketing Managers in regards to product brand names for each product portfolio to better define product tiering and product brand positioning
- Drive Product Portfolio profiles (i.e. specifications & viscosity grades) rationalization to achieve consistent product brand benefits & claims globally. This includes co-brands and JV brands
- Spearheads Portfolio Marketing that encapsulates the Research or analysis insights, concepts & customer value propositions (provided by Global Brand & Category Marketing team), Reason-to-Believe technical proof points and design and development methodology (provided by Global Research & Technology team)
- Create Reason-to-Believe Development product brief & project manage the RTB development with Global R&T
- Develop ‘Benefit Driven’ differentiated propositions relevant to both end-consumers and trade customers. Deployment of RTB Technical Story and Technical Data in consumer friendly languages
- Assist in Product Lifecycle Management process & system, controls, administration and project management & tracking/ updates cross-functionally from initiative of business case to product introduction to external markets
- Establish Global SKU Rationalization framework and implement via regional marketing teams for consistent analysis, rationalization criteria and deletion process
- Maintain awareness and outlook of industry plans, trends and future technology future.
- Perform periodic product portfolio (by categories) review to refresh, introduce new product profile/ specifications or deletion of irrelevant product profile/ specs
To succeed in the Global Product & Portfolio Marketing Manager job, you will need to have the product management and marketing experience with a chemical or oil & gas industry.
- At least a Degree in any related field
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a self-starter with strong chemical knowledge and business skills with the ability to work independently across multiple business unit and corporate group
- ability to interface, help influence and build alignment with individuals and multi-discipline teams across all levels of management
- advanced competency with necessary software tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint is essential
This organization is a global lubricant business that operates in many countries worldwide. The company offers outstanding local and international career opportunities to its employees and is a renowned brand name in the lubricants business.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Global Product & Portfolio Marketing Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125