General Manager - Corporate Communications
Salary MYR28,000 - MYR32,000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Job Ref 1817730/001
Date posted 21 June 2022kuala-lumpur marketing/communications-pr 2022-06-23 2022-08-20 advertising-and-pr Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 28000 32000 32000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A public listed organisation is searching for a talented and all-rounded candidate to take on a General Manager - Corporate Communications job to head the communications team in Malaysia.
About the General Manager - Corporate Communications Role:
In this business critical role, you will strategise, plan, develop and manage the overall corporate communications portfolio of the group.
- Create communications strategies and formulate appropriate messaging for sensitive and confidential materials to be communicated to internal and external audiences
- Execute the implementation of the company’s events/government relations by organising, coordinating, and managing events
- Initiate, promote and encourage effective internal and external communications strategies and practices at all levels of the institution
- Develop and execute appropriate brand communication and management strategies to enhance corporate branding, ensure positive positioning and image of the company
- Oversee the development of news releases, articles, editorials, publications, and other written communications products
- Monitor the management of the premium items for use within the group
- Interface and enhance effective working relationship with government agencies and other community leaders to communicate and enhance reputation and position
- Monitor staff issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescale
To succeed in this General Manager - Corporate Communications role, you must have prior leadership experience of a team. You must come from either the services industry or have worked in a company that has multiple businesses or subsidiaries.
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or any related discipline
- At least 15 years of Corporate Communications experience with five years in a senior management role
- Preferably with experience in either aviation industry or public listed company with multi-business portfolio
- Strong stakeholder management skills including internal stakeholders, government stakeholders, public, business partners, media and social media
- Experienced in crisis communication management to mitigate any negative perception on the company
- Experience in formulating policy, developing, and implementing strategies and procedures
- Good negotiation skills and business development acumen
- Creativity to produce effective advertising, promotional and branding strategies
- Good networking and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
This organisation is a key player in their field of expertise and contributes significant key services to the Malaysia market and economy. They are currently in the midst of growth and improvement after the recovery from the pandemic and are looking to bring on board new blood to take the business further.
If you are a talented and senior corporate communications leader with experience in multi-industry conglomerates or services businesses, this General Manager - Corporate Communications role is for you.
Apply today or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR15,000 - MYR20,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 18 May 2022An international non-profit organisation in sustainability is searching for a talented Global Communications Manager (Non-Profit) to be based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 June 2022A Head of Digital Marketing job has become available at a government agency that is seeking an experienced digital marketer to join their rapidly expanding marketing and communications division. This position, based in Kuala Lumpur, is ideal for digital marketers who are driven by a passion to make a change and a desire to give back to the nation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 June 2022An exciting Senior Brand Manager (Food Category) job has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG firms based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Marketing Lead, this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in their field.