Business Development & Marketing Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant SookYan Lee
Job Ref 1817260/001
Date posted 16 June 2022kuala-lumpur marketing/communications-pr 2022-06-23 2022-08-15 marketing Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Business Development & Marketing Manager job has just become available at an award-winning legal services company with a strong reputation.
About the Business Development & Marketing Manager Role:
As the Business Development & Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the full spectrum of BD and marketing activities for various practice groups – to include preparing and producing events, proposals, marketing collaterals, directory submissions and significant strategic projects.
- Develop and implement BD and marketing strategy in terms of operational tasks, process management, and efficiency improvements in Malaysia
- Support delivery and implementation of firm-wide client programmes within a local context, with the personal responsibility of ensuring client opportunities on the prioritised programmes are suitably mined, particularly those with a strong base or have key management in the local jurisdiction
- Lead on office strategy days or strategy discussions, along with the office general manager and other functional leads within Malaysia
- Identify client opportunities through market research and support the local practice groups’ business development activities targeted at the growth of existing client accounts and strategic acquisition of clients
- Support individual partners on BD and marketing strategies to assist with client relationship management, client acquisition, and profile raising
- Provide support for local partners in their personal marketing activities, presentations, meetings, and networking as is applicable and relevant
- Consider go-to-market channels for purposes of revenue generation, i.e. Local Chambers of Commerce, national Government bodies, Corporate Counsel, local sponsorship opportunities, or any other relevant channels
- Work with the wider marketing function, but lead the development of marketing collateral and infrastructure which is specific to a national market, including sign-off of content for brochures, invitations, flyers, external and internal websites, and act as a focal point for all BD and marketing queries for Malaysia
- Oversee and sign off on client events happening within the local market – lead the local team in project managing key office events as required
- Work with the team in the preparation of directory submissions, league tables, and awards lists for the local office
- Build a personal profile, visibility, credibility, and influence with the Malaysia partners (as well as other partners across the firm) and identify opportunities to promote the BD and marketing function internally, communicate successes and its expertise and capabilities
- Lead the Malaysia BD and marketing team: day-to-day management of the local team and ensure they are supported. Lead and motivate the team and be a sounding board and mentor to junior members
To succeed in this Business Development & Marketing Manager role, you must have an excellent stakeholder management skills with a unique insight into how business works in corporate, and passionate about learning and growing in the industry.
- Degree, preferably in communications/marketing/business/law or one of the humanities
- Previous relevant experience in a professional services or client service role, e.g., communications agency, PR and events, or advertising is an advantage
- At least six to eight years of relevant work experience in a managerial position
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Demonstrated ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Excellent command of the English language
- Dynamism and great all-round communication skills
- Determination and commitment to ensure successful completion of projects
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and follow-up skills
- Interest in business - possesses an understanding of various market developments and where it could translate to legal services
This is a great opportunity for a marketing/communications professional who hungers to take their career to the next level with a reputable and upstanding law firm in Malaysia. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and the autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Business Development & Marketing Manager role.
Apply now or feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and explore this new opportunity.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR12,000 - MYR14,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 June 2022A global provider of packaging solutions is searching for a talented Regional Communications Manager (B2B). In this job, you will join the team in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 June 2022An exciting Senior Product Manager (Personal Care) job has just become available at a rapidly expanding personal care retailer based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2022An exciting Online Brand Manager job has just become available at a fast-growing multi-brand e-commerce company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 June 2022A multinational company is seeking an e-Commerce Manager (FMCG). In this job, you will drive total company e-commerce business growth and support in translating commercial strategies.