Government Relations Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 telecommunications Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 15000 18000 18000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading technology company is recruiting a strong Government Relations Manager to join the team in Malaysia.
About the Government Relations Manager Role:
In this new business critical position, you will be fully responsible for establishing and building a strong relationship with key government stakeholders (federal, state, ministries, GLCs, associations, institutions, etc.). Your position is vital in building the bridge between the company and the government to identify business opportunities, partnerships and collaborations, and any other suitable initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with government stakeholders – ministries, state governments, MCMC, local councils, government agencies and GLCs to create and open the doors for commercial opportunities
- Maintain a complete database of the relevant government contacts
- Provide advice to the top management on changes within the government sector and regulatory affairs that will impact the business and industry
- Provide support by preparing presentation decks, topics, discussion papers, etc. to the regulatory affairs committee
- Evaluate and recommend all requests for financial/sponsorship support requested by the government
- Manage and drive government engagements for the company’s community outreach programmes
- Assist with Bahasa Malaysia translation of communications materials prepared by the corporate affairs team
The successful Government Relations Manager will need to have strong experience within government relations/government affairs with a strong network within the current Government of Malaysia.
- Bachelor's degree in government affairs/political science/law/mass communications/public relations or related fields
- At least 10 years of experience in the practice of government relations, government affairs, public policy or stakeholder relations
- Keen interest in technology
- Excellent communication expertise (both verbal and written) in English and Malay
- Self-motivated, problem-solving skills and diplomatic
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
As one of the leading companies in Malaysia that focuses on technology, digital and professional services, this organisation is well-known and a key player in shaping the future of Malaysia. They have the largest coverage and market share across the country and have a presence overseas as well, particularly in Southeast Asia.
If you are a talented government relations professional with a very good network within the government and a track record of seeking out commercial opportunities, this Government Relations Manager role is the job for you.
Apply today or email your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C