Marketing and Communications Manager
Consultant LeeLing Lim
Date posted 06 August 2018 2018-08-062018-10-05 retail Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Senior Manager Leasing role has just become available at one of the up-living and trendy shopping mall based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Centre Manager, this is a role for an experienced individual who is a leader in their role.
About the Marketing and Communications Manager
In this key planning and strategic management role, you will be primarily responsible to conceptualise, plan and implement and monitor the marketing and communication activities, thereby supporting the generation of the mall’s revenue and to position the mall in a strong position in the industry.
- Spearhead and develop a strategic annual plan for the department which will set out objectives, plans and specific activities to be pursued in each area of responsibilities.
- Work closely with the group marketing and communications teams in terms of policies, processes and implementation to standardise systems and procedures.
- Prepare the annual budget which includes the forecast that may be requested by the Management.
- Ensure that all income channels are implemented, continuously monitored and reviewed to maximise income as well as to develop new income channels.
- Ensure that resources are utilised in a manner in accordance with the operating needs
- Ensure the successful lease out of the mall’s promotional or exhibition spaces, advertising panels, push carts and kiosks for revenues.
- Develop and direct communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information to the public.
- Build and maintain a strong and productive relationship with the media and to regularly identify opportunities for publicity for the mall.
- Develop and implement speedy and appropriate media control strategy in response to public relation issues or crisis to manage dissemination of information to the public.
- Plan and direct a variety of marketing, promotion and thematic events which include creative concept and design ideas to enhance the shoppers’ traffic to the mall.
- Establish rapport with tenants to ensure good communications and develop opportunities for beneficial collaboration between mall and tenants. Garner their participation, support and sponsorship in the mall’s activities.
- Develop and implement customer service standards of the mall and customer service team management.
To succeed in the Marketing and Communications Manager role, you must have knowledge of direct market research activities to keep abreast of the latest developments in the industry and drive opportunities to strengthen the mall’s positioning.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Media, Art Design, Creative Multimedia, Mass Communications or equivalent
- A minimum five years’ relevant working experience within retail mall management with 3 years at the managerial position in a similar capacity
- Possess strong interest and passion in shopping mall business
- Sound understanding of the Northern Region’s retail market
- Possess strong network and connections with advertising, public relations, media, corporate branding or graphic designers
- Creative, dynamic and resourceful with good media
- Excellent communicator and negotiation skills and ability to lead a team
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the largest shopping mall developers and owners in Asia. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to step up in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Marketing and Communications Manager.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact LIM Lee Ling on +604-6090506 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1326140.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125