Senior Executive, Company Secretarial
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Veryne Lim
Job Ref 1893270/001
Date posted 16 January 2023kuala-lumpur legal/tech-and-telecomms 2023-01-16 2023-03-17 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Senior Executive, Company Secretarial job has become available at an industry-leading company spearheading the telecommunication industry.
About the Senior Executive, Company Secretarial Role:
Your role will be to ensure that operations and functions of the company are delivered effectively and efficiently and be able to drive and manage productive and professional regulatory relationships with various stakeholders.
- Act as the official liaison secretary for secretaryship of the Board Oversight Committees and provide advice to promote corporate governance and best practices
- Provide in-house secretarial services in managing and administering secretarial practices and corporate secretarial requirements in accordance with applicable rules and regulations
- Manage statutory register and submission of statutory filings, including application of Board governance documents (e.g., Board Charter, Terms of Reference (TOR), etc.)
- Undertake the preparation and submission of Statutory Forms in ensuring comply with the requirements under the provision of Companies Act, 2016 on a timely basis
- Provide assistance to company secretary as secretary of board and management level meetings
- Prepare pre and post-board of directors’ meetings, general and internal management meetings, and the meeting documents and papers with timely generation of meeting minutes and circular resolutions
- Ensure compliance with company and its subsidiaries’ constitution, joint venture and shareholders’ agreement as well as other relevant laws and regulations
- Manage and maintain records management filing system/database for all company secretarial matters
- Oversee coordination and preparation for ESG Steer Committee Meeting, Board Committee and general meetings which includes timely preparation and issuance of meeting notices, board papers (including coordinating with the relevant parties on the preparation of the same), circular resolutions, minutes of meetings and other relevant secretarial documents/forms
- Assume responsibility of any other assigned ad hoc duties from time to time
To succeed in this role, you will need to be professional, analytical, and practical, have clarity of thought, and be persuasive with good interpersonal skills to be able to work co-operatively with the management as well as across departments.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree in either law, corporate secretarial, corporate administration, corporate governance or equivalent
- Professional secretarial qualification/license holder ICSA graduate or MAICSA associate, or LS holder is preferred
- Minimum of five years of work experience in a related field, telecommunications industry is preferred
- Technical knowledge of the relevant statutory laws and company secretarial best practices and guidelines
- Well versed in Companies Act 2016 and other related laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of integrity and good command of English/Bahasa Malaysia, both verbal and written.
This company needs no introduction and is well established in their industry. This telecommunication company provides support to people and corporations with their noble company mission.
If you are confident and a self-starter, the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing their people to the highest standards. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Senior Executive, Company Secretarial role is right for you.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 January 2023A Senior Executive/Assistant Manager - Contracts & Commercial job has become available at an industry-leading company in the property sector.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 December 2022The firm’s core area of expertise is in construction litigation, and they have been consecutively ranked in Legal 500 Asia Pacific since 2018. They are looking for a passionate and qualified candidate for an Legal Associate, Construction job to contribute to the firm’s strengthening practice.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 December 2022A Finance & Project - Legal Associate job has become available at an established and renowned law firm in Kuala Lumpur due to ongoing, continued success and significant growth over the years. The Legal Associate will be based in its Kuala Lumpur office and will be working in a team consisting of outstanding partners and associates.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 December 2022A Legal Associate, Construction Litigation job has become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 December 2022An exciting Assistant/Deputy Manager, Legal job opportunity has become available in the legal team of a leading Japanese multinational banking and financial services institution based in Kuala Lumpur. The group operates in the retail, corporate, and investment banking segments worldwide.