Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1804110/001
Date posted 20 May 2022kuala-lumpur legal/tech-and-telecomms 2022-05-26 2022-07-19 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Technology Counsel job has become available at a service provider who is a key player in the acceleration of Malaysia’s 5G infrastructure and digital transformation, to provide support in technology laws and regulations.
About the Technology Counsel Role:
This role requires you to have a strong technology skill set with expertise to handle contracts and provide legal advice across a diverse range of technology matters including intellectual property, privacy, data, cloud computing, service levels, managed services, outsourcing and cybersecurity.
- Draft and prepare commercial and technology procurement contracts, develop, and maintain contract templates suited for technology transactions
- Provide legal advice, manage and resolve legal and contractual issues relating to technology, cybersecurity, and service quality and prepare formal response letters and opinions
- Advise internal stakeholders and senior management on technology legal matters and risk
- Provide valuable input to the board and attend governance and compliance meetings
- Assist in negotiations with vendors, business partners, telecommunication providers and other stakeholders on procurement, wholesale, software/hardware, maintenance agreements and any other relevant agreements such as NDAs, MoU, etc.
- Facilitate legal dispute resolution and conflict management activities.
- Collaborate with external law firms on specific initiatives/matters and to project manage such engagements.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have strong legal drafting and negotiating skills with the ability to dive deep into the law, understand nuances and provide recommendations even in the face of ambiguity.
- Relevant university law qualifications and admitted to the bar of a common law jurisdiction
- At least six years’ PQE (maximum 10 - 12 years) in the IT industry with experience in quality in-house and private practice environments, locally or abroad
- Experienced in digital, technology and/or networks
- Degree in science (e.g. computer science, electronics, etc.) or engineering is preferred
- Highly developed analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders and manage work priorities
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Good command of English with articulate and clear communication skills
- Working knowledge of PDPA and MCMC regulatory instruments such as the mandatory standards of access
As one of the leading companies in Malaysia within the network, enterprise and digital industry, this organisation is well-known and a key player in its field. They have a wide coverage and market share across the country and is continuously improvising their business.
Being in the dynamic and fast-moving technology space, the role requires you to constantly think on your feet, be creative and have a proactive, agile mindset and strong problem-solving skills in this Technology Counsel role.
Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022One of the region’s well-established insurance provider which provides a wide range of insurance products and services including personal automobile, home owner, property, general liability and reinsurance is currently seeking a high-calibre Head, Legal & Co Sec. In this job, you will join its dynamic office based in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is looking for a high-calibre and talented candidate to take on a Senior Manager, Legal job in their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022An exciting Legal Manager job has just become available at one of the leading international tobacco companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2022This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 June 2022A Malaysian conglomerate with diverse business interests from resource management to oil palm plantation, property development and automotive business in various countries globally is now seeking a high-calibre General Counsel, Legal. In this job, you will lead the group in its next phase of growth.