Legal & Compliance Counsel
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 19 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A rapidly expanding e-payment enabler for online goods and services is looking for a Legal & Compliance Counsel in Kuala Lumpur. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit within a regional remit.
About the Legal & Compliance Counsel Role
In this business critical role, the Legal & Compliance Counsel will play a key role in taking the business forward and facilitating the growth and development of the business within Southeast Asia.
- Responsible for all legal drafting of corporate documents, letters, contracts and liaising with external parties in relation to joint ventures, strategic alliances, commercial agreements matters
- Preparing and reviewing various legal documents such as contracts, licenses, leases and project-related documentation as well as being responsible for contracts management
- Identifying and understanding regulatory compliance requirements mainly for BNM, MCMC and MDec
- Maintaining and documenting new changes/amendments to the Company’s Compliance Manual & SOP, which is inclusive but not limited to operational and administrative matters as well
- Dealing with all regulatory authorities including but not limited to BNM and the jurisdictions the Group is exposed to
- Monitoring and as when as necessary, to coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends
The successful Legal & Compliance Counsel will be self-motivated, disciplined and meticulous as well as methodical
- Possesses a Degree in Law with about 4-8 years of relevant professional legal experience
- Has knowledge of regulatory compliance, standards and guidelines pertaining to BNM, MCMC and MDec
- Possesses exposure and understanding in relation to legal and tax issues governed by the SC, Bursa Malaysia, Corporate Governance and Companies Act
- Familiar or willing to acquire knowledge of offshore acts and regulations as well as the intricacies of international tax planning and financial structures
- A fast-learner and able to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-growth environment
The company is much more than just online payment platform and its scope is far-reaching with a wide physical distribution network comprising of more than 970,000 locations in 11 countries across 4 continents. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and the autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Legal & Compliance Counsel with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly looking for ways to break new ground.
Apply today or email me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125