Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 07 July 20192019-07-10 2019-09-05 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading economic regulator in the civil aviation industry is currently recruiting a passionate and driven Legal Manager to join their dynamic legal team in their office based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will play an important role in rendering various legal and secretarial advice and assistance in ensuring the continuous growth and development of the company and the legal department.
- Rendering legal advice and opinion as well as secretarial assistance to the Associate Director and to the other units, on day-to-day operations, e.g. matters relating to interpretation of laws, terms and conditions of agreements
- Drafting, preparing and/or reviewing legal documents upon requests from different departments/units and identifying and mitigating legal risks through negotiations with counter parties to ensure the best interests are protected
- Drafting and/or reviewing any amendments to the relevant legislations and/or subsidiary legislations, and any new subsidiary legislations, as required
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken, handling negotiations to resolve any disputes with external parties amicably
- Conducting legal research to keep abreast with new legal developments and performing any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Liaising with external legal counsels pertaining to the litigation cases and with relevant governmental agencies in relation to the prosecution of any offences
- Arranging for the organisation of committee meetings including preparation of notices, agendas and committee papers, preparing summary decisions, minutes of meetings and resolutions as well as ensuring corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Assisting in planning and implementing stakeholders’ engagement and management with the various parties connected to the company in relation to the legal unit as well as preparing regular reporting on the legal management
To succeed in this Legal Manager role, you will need to have the following traits and qualifications.
- LL.B degree holder with at least four to six years of legal working experience and must be called to the Malaysian Bar
- Possesses good analytical, drafting and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Possesses excellent command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Experience in drafting of laws and regulations, aviation regulation and compliance and/or government’s procedures pertaining to legislation is preferred
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given and to work under pressure
This company has a vision to revolutionise its expertise. This dynamic organisation believes in offering world class and high-quality services in the civil aviation industry.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly improvising and growing its expertise.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C