Head of Legal & Company Secretary
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref YXGQHA-10744F89
Date posted 26 May 2023kuala-lumpur legal/property 2023-05-26 2023-07-25 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Head of Legal & Company Secretary job has become available at a leading and well-established investment holding company to be based at their Kuala Lumpur office.
About the Head of Legal & Company Secretary Role:
In this critical role, this Head of Legal & Company Secretary will lead the legal & company secretary (co sec.) team in managing all range of legal affairs and co sec matters and in ensuring the continuous success and development of the company and the team.
- Handling various matters and rendering support to the operations and business teams on structuring of the acquisition and disposal of real estate, fund raising, merger and joint venture projects as well as advisory on compliance with the laws and regulatory requirements governing the business of the company’s businesses in Malaysia
- Structuring transactions, managing external counsel, and rendering general legal advice, amongst others include cross-border legal support to various business and functions as well as attending to any legal, risk and compliance issues that may arise from time to time
- Leading and/or managing the legal and secretariat team, which includes but and not limited to overseeing and reviewing the respective managers and executives’ work
- Managing and reviewing contractual documents and litigation matters which have been managed by the team and which requires critical decisions
- Ensuring all legal and secretariat obligations pertaining to the Group are met at all times as well as providing necessary information within the compliance requirements during internal audits and external audits/enquiries by the authorities/regulators
- Developing, maintaining, establishing and/or ensuring close and productive working relationship between team members and key departments, professional standards within the team, integrity of all systems and reports and good team discipline
- Leading, providing, guidance, supervising, monitoring, and delegating tasks to subordinates as well as assessing their performance
- Performing other duties, which may be assigned/directed by Group MD, as and when required
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with both the internal and external stakeholders, across borders and internal matrix.
- LL.B holder with a minimum of 15 years of both legal and corporate secretarial experience. Called to the Malaysian Bar and/or experience in a Malaysia corporation/public listed company is an added advantage
- Well exposed to corporate law practice, transactional M&A and corporate secretarial experience gained from private practice and/or as an in-house counsel
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines, policies and operating processes pertaining to securities governed by the Securities Commission Malaysia and Bursa Malaysia
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, analytical written, communication, leadership and people management skills and ability to interact with all levels, good team player, ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, flexible and result-oriented in approach, proven ability to be able to prioritise and manage multiple projects and resolve problems in a timely manner
This established company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Legal & Company Secretary role.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+603 2303 7087
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 04 June 2023A renowned PLC with diversified businesses is currently recruiting for a Head of Litigation job to lead its litigation department at the group level. The Head of Litigation role is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 May 2023An excellent Head, Group Legal & Company Secretary job has just arisen at one of the leading investment holding companies based in Kuala Lumpur. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 May 2023An exciting Head of Legal job has just become available at one of the leading FMCG companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 May 2023As a result of ongoing and continued success within the Group, this reputable financial institution with diversified businesses is looking for a seasoned Group Company Secretary to join their ever evolving corporate secretarial team to be based in KL.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A Senior Legal Counsel (Capital Markets/M&A) job has become available, responsible for delivering strategic advice and solutions, managing legal risks as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents in respect of the bank’s capital markets/M&A related matters.